United Kingdom
United Kingdom
FOR SALE - 1998 Ford Fiesta 1.3 Finesse

Link to eBay listing

DSC_0316-2.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_2296.jpg

Your eyes aren't deceiving you - I've finally put it up for sale. What you need to know:

- 1998 Model
- 50k miles
- Service history
- MOT'd till December 09
- Taxed till August 09 (will tax if necessary)

The price: £1,000, SENSIBLE OFFERS WELCOME

Item has been relisted on ebay - classified ad price now only a grand, minimum price I'll accept is still the same!

Last edited:
Bumpers could do with some Autoglym Bumper Care. It'll turn those uneven faded pale grey bumpers into some nice shiny dark-grey ones. It truly is the stuff of miracles!!!!

....i know that stretch of grass in the background ;)

Thanks for finding the ebay link. I tried it when I first posted it and it worked, so maybe ebay changed the link a little.

Re: the bumpers, they're actually a light shade of blue, as Ford was quite fond of that at the time. They're supposed to be more or less the same colour as the dashboard :P

Thanks for the comment on the write-up Joey - hopefully it'll help the car sell a little more easily than some of the rather sparse ads you usually find on ebay...

I must say, my first "question" about the item was rather disappointing:

1100 your having a laugh pal

:odd: To which I responded:

Go and buy something else then. I've said in large letters in the listing that offers are welcome. And it's "you're"

Last edited:
Ah, if I only had the time and effort to change...

Nice, probably ideal for me when I get this driving thing done. However, North Yorkshire/Newcastle is a bit out of my reach. Unless I can attach a sail to it and wang it down the east coast?

I think I'll just make a post so you think, "great, another post in my car thread. Maybe it'll be an offer of purchase" only to dash your hopes yet again...

:dopey:

Nice, probably ideal for me when I get this driving thing done. However, North Yorkshire/Newcastle is a bit out of my reach. Unless I can attach a sail to it and wang it down the east coast?

Or pick it up at the next UKGTP?

Good luck selling your Fiesta. I remember selling my Fiesta (a 1990 1.0 Popular) when I was about your age. Thing had been round the clock and the roof had faded to an unpleasant shade of pink but I still had people lining up to look at it. Sold it the same day the ad got posted.

I must say, my first "question" about the item was rather disappointing:
*snip*

Oh puh-lease, you'll sell it in no time at that price. There are people that appreciate the concept of a car being looked after. I must just say that I wholeheartedly commend fitting a proper Ford CD player. I'd have payed a bit extra for that alone.

Anyway, seeing how I'm not making you an offer I'll go away now :P

you've convinced me - If I was in the area, I'd have a look.

One thing.....if it's so great at everything it does, why are you selling it?

You know it makes sense. Though I would then have to find some other way home :lol:

I think I'll just make a post so you think, "great, another post in my car thread. Maybe it'll be an offer of purchase" only to dash your hopes yet again...

Great, another post in my car thread. Maybe it'll be an offer of purchase.

Oh, wait.

My hopes, they have been dashed :(

:lol:

One thing.....if it's so great at everything it does, why are you selling it?

Because I'm only human and need a change :D Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic car and based on personal experience an excellent first car, but that said I don't see it being the only car I'll ever own and after 6 years I am getting a little bored of it.

As a petrolhead it'll be nice to drive something a bit quicker, a bit more comfortable and with a bit more kudos.

Thought had crossed my mind, but then I doubt I'd have passed my test within a month (I'm just about to book my theory), if that fails, I don't see any other way of getting it home.

Hi daan *waves*

:D

*First permissable bump*

The car has been relisted, now has a starting price of £1,000. I still have a minimum price in mind that I'm prepared to accept but hopefully the lower starting price will be enough to tempt people in! If you know anyone who needs a cheap runaround or needs a great first car...

Well damn, if I had the money, lived in the area, and had a license. I'd buy it. I'm not sure why you're not getting any bites. It's well maintained and highly economical. Should have been bought up by now.

I reckon the main problem is the lack of power steering. Almost every other model similar to mine on sale has it, and mine doesn't. Even though it doesn't really need it, especially since it's service today where the wheels have been balanced and the tyres inflated a little more. It's light as a feather to drive now!

A little galling that my brother's car was up for sale for about three days before someone bought it... mine's been up for over a month now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back