• 10 comments

Pako

Staff Emeritus
United States
NW Montana
GTP-Pako
GTP Pako
SOLD

I bought this bass new in Portland in the fall of 2001. I paid $1799 and later bought a hard case from BassNW for another $150. This bass has very little wear and has always been handled with kid gloves. Asking $1350 local pickup (NW Montana). Comes with all hardware shown. Original manual, wax, truss rod, Warwick Rock Bag, and lockable hard case. This has all the Warwick growl that you would expect. I had to part with it, but sometimes we have to do things we don't want to. THis bass plays like butter and is as smooth as a baby's bottom. Don't miss out on this bass. This is the real deal Warwick, not a cheap Guitar Center Rock bass.

Will consider shipping CONUS. Will pay first $65 towards shipping. Paypal accepted.

Serial number:
C-073978-00

Article number:
1245780001CPBUBOWW

produced:
2001-03-22

Description:
Corvette Standard, 5-string
Natural Oil finish
Bubinga body
Ovangkol neck
Chrome hardware
Active Electronics w/ Passive bypass

Last edited:
As someone who could be possibly interested, how difficult is it to play a fretless compared to any other bass in your experience?

As someone who could be possibly interested, how difficult is it to play a fretless compared to any other bass in your experience?

I didn't find it hard at all.

With that I would say the better the bassist you are, the easier it will be to play.

If you are familiar with bass and have a good ear, it should be very natural.

@Sanji Himura, I came across this video today, thought you might find it interesting.

He talked about a fretless that needs lines. If you want cheater lines, there is line tape you can add to the neck while learning.

I definitely like the look of fretless without lines.

If you play a lot of chords, a fretless bass is probably not for you. The pitch constantly changes as you move up the neck rather than the increments you get with a fretted instrument so it can cause intonation issues. Having said that, fretless basses are very cool, look awesome and give you some unique tonal possibilities that you won't get with a fretted instrument. I'm a guitar player first and a bassist second, but even I want to own a good fretless bass at some point.

Good luck with the sale Pako.

If you play a lot of chords, a fretless bass is probably not for you. The pitch constantly changes as you move up the neck rather than the increments you get with a fretted instrument so it can cause intonation issues. Having said that, fretless basses are very cool, look awesome and give you some unique tonal possibilities that you won't get with a fretted instrument. I'm a guitar player first and a bassist second, but even I want to own a good fretless bass at some point.

Good luck with the sale Pako.
Thanks man. I've had some tire kickers. Everyone wants one, but most are afraid of this fretless because they've never tried one. I know it will sell when the right person sees it.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I didn't think I would get it anyways. The money that I was counting on won't arrive until May at the earliest, so I doubted that it would stick around long. Congratulations on the sale anyways.

I didn't think I would get it anyways. The money that I was counting on won't arrive until May at the earliest, so I doubted that it would stick around long. Congratulations on the sale anyways.

No worries. Thanks! It seems to be going to a good home. :)

Latest Posts

Back