Sold cars in used car dealership

  • Thread starter Thread starter Niksko
  • 7 comments
  • 933 views
Messages
4
Is anyone able to confirm or deny whether it's possible to get the cars that you've sold back again from the used car dealership?

I made the mistake of assuming this and so I sold a few prize cars. It would be a shame if I'd never be able to get those back and thus, would never be able to have a full set of cars.
 
If you bought the car from the used car dealership, you'll be able to buy it again as many times as it comes up. The dealership is not influenced by what cars you sell.
 
I think he meant cars that he won as prizes for whatever reason.

Some you can, some you don't. Apparently the ones you don't get to buy back from the UCD do state, when you select "Sell" in your garage that you cannot acquire it back again.
 
I understand what you are saying. But I think that when he is asking about equal cars, and not specifically the individual car he just sold. Example:

If he sells an '91 MX-5 can he buy later on a similar '91 MX-5 on the used car dealership. I took that he wasn't asking for the precisely same car we sold but an equal one.

On the other hand there are cars that, apparently, are only achievable by winning a particular event or license. Kind of what happened in GT4 with the cars that were showned at dealerships but had no price tag attached to them.

I was not saying that the car you sold will be tranfered to the UCD.
 
I understand what you are saying. But I think that when he is asking about equal cars, and not specifically the individual car he just sold. Example:

If he sells an '91 MX-5 can he buy later on a similar '91 MX-5 on the used car dealership. I took that he wasn't asking for the precisely same car we sold but an equal one.

On the other hand there are cars that, apparently, are only achievable by winning a particular event or license. Kind of what happened in GT4 with the cars that were showned at dealerships but had no price tag attached to them.

I was not saying that the car you sold will be tranfered to the UCD.

I haven't encountered any of these cars yet, which ones are you talking about?
 
Just to clarify, what I basically meant, was that I wanted to be able to have at least one of every car at some point. So yes, I wouldn't mind if I sold an MX-5 and then bought a different one in the used car. I suppose I'll just have to not sell any more cars and hope that the few I did sell turn up there eventually. That, or I could trade.
 
They won't be the exact ones you sell - the user car list just plods through a preset routine, without any player influence at all (seriously - even if you buy a car on the first day it appears, its slot is greyed out for the next four days until the group of six it was in falls off the bottom).
 
Back