Dell Inspiron 1100 14.1" (~2004)
2.3Ghz Celeron
512MB (2x256MB) RAM
20GB HDD
Intel 845 integrated graphics
CD-R/DVD Combo drive
Windows XP Home

Accessories:

Linksys Wireless-B card (Model: WPC11 ver.4, PCMCIA interface)
4-port USB 2.0 card (PCMCIA)

All original packaging, software, charger, etc will be included.

This is still a surprisingly good laptop for today's standards, even being a base model from 2004 or so. Not a single scratch or mark on it. These were very well built laptops. It's perfect for web and productivity use.

There is only a single issue with this Inspiron. The battery is in dire need of replacement. Window's power management shows about half an hour on a full charge. There is also a battery error light (battery indicator flashes amber four times then holds green for a moment - generic battery error). The performance of the system is not affected at all besides the short battery life, which had been about 45 minutes before this light started showing. It may actually just be warning that the battery's capacity has reached a certain point.

In light of the battery issue, I'm only asking for $200 plus shipping (probably $20 or so). The battery can be found for about $40-50 on eBay.

I'm open to offers, as I'd like to sell this soon. Please feel free to ask any questions or request pictures. Below is a stock photo of what it looks like.

Actually, here's several photos and a review of the same laptop in nearly the exact specification.

It should be, but if it's older type RAM then you might have trouble sourcing it for a notebook.

I've found the battery for around $50 on ebay as I said in the post. RAM is upgradeable to 1GB officially, but I'm pretty sure the BIOS does support 2GB if you were to go that route. Dell support told me it wasn't supported due to heat, which I'm not really taking as a real answer.

Also, the RAM can be found on Newegg, among other places I'm sure. Older RAM for notebooks is apparently easier to find than for desktops.

Edit: Also found the battery in some online stores starting at $72 with Pricewatch.com

I may be interested as it will be useful for running DSMLink in my car. I'll get back to you next week sometime. I have to get a tranny and t-case for my car before I can purchase this.

I may be interested as it will be useful for running DSMLink in my car. I'll get back to you next week sometime. I have to get a tranny and t-case for my car before I can purchase this.

Okay. Ceiling_fan is first in line as he expressed a little interest already. He's supposed to get back to me.

Sorry, I don't think I'll be able to get the laptop. I simply don't have enough money after buying my desktop. :ouch: And also, my need for a laptop at school is dwindling because I'm almost done with classes that require note-taking.

Ok, that puts you in front, Standard. Convenient that you're also in IL. Shipping won't be too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back