[SOLD] - GT5 Collector's Edition - Brand New, sealed & unopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smallhorses

Staff Emeritus
SOLD

I've decided I'm never going to play GT5, I can't bear to endorse a game that requires me to buy a console so my game can play itself on it, requires me to drift and wreck cars so I can win trophies, and requires me to constantly download patches, fixes and pay for more content because it's essentially an unfinished product in the box. (Not selling this well, am I?!!! :dunce:)
It's been sat under our spare bed collecting dust, so it's time to get rid of it. (Minus the dust. I'll remove that for free! ;))

Anyway, if anyone is interested, it's unsealed, brand new & untouched. I'm asking $130 which will include shipping anywhere in US / Canada.
(Cheapest version on eBay at the moment is $139.99 and they go up from there.)
Willing to ship elsewhere in the world too, but I'll have to figure the extra postage cost into the price first - Please inquire if you're interested.

Here's some pictures:
Original sales receipt showing ~$110 purchase price including tax.
sam0786f.jpg

Various views of box with intact, sealed cellophane.
sam0790ph.jpg
sam0789f.jpg
sam0791yd.jpg

Let me know with a post here if you're interested and I'll consider payment options. Preferably direct through PayPal.

Last edited:
So I've had 2 inquiries about this so far, one serious, the other not at all.

However, the trail from turism0 seems to have gone cold again. It's yours if you want it, but you'll have to arrange payment first and I won't hold it indefinitely.

I guess this counts as one of my bumps, so anyway...
It's still here still for sale, blah, blah, blah... I will sell it to the first person that is interested and can pay for it first, so get your skates on! 👍

Last edited:
I've decided I'm never going to play GT5, I can't bear to endorse a game that requires me to buy a console so my game can play itself on it, requires me to drift and wreck cars so I can win trophies, and requires me to constantly download patches, fixes and pay for more content because it's essentially an unfinished product in the box.

Are you serious about the above statement or has my sarcasm detector failed me? Just confused as to why a moderator on a website dedicated to Gran Turismo is so anti Gran Turismo.

Are you serious about the above statement or has my sarcasm detector failed me? Just confused as to why a moderator on a website dedicated to Gran Turismo is so anti Gran Turismo.

I'm not anti-Gran Turismo.
I've loved and adored GT1 - 4 and I still play GT4 and am active in many of the contests that're still ongoing in the GT4 forum here. I also attended 2 of the UKGTP events and I organised and attended the 7 SFGTP events (bar 1 which I attended but someone else organised.)
I just don't agree with what GT5 has become, and hence I'm not going to play it. GT has always billed itself as the real driving simulator. Now it isn't anymore, B-spec crept in in GT4 and thankfully it wasn't a requirement, but it seems that there's trophies associated with B-spec, which means that my "Real Driving simulator" is now a "real race watching simulator". I don't agree with this, I live between Infineon Raceway and Laguna Seca and I grew up watching live racing at Oulton Park just about every weekend racing was on. If I want to watch a race I'll take one of my real cars, enjoy a real drive, to a real track and watch some real racing, or I'll watch some televised coverage. I completed full runs of GT4 twice, one in which I earned enough money and bought 1 of every car. Take a look at these 2 screenshots and see if you can draw any conclusions about my opinions on B-spec:

15thjulyday835statussma.jpg

100% complete, minimum perfect game for 1st June Society entry.
100000status.jpg

100,000 A-spec points entry, all cars, no NOS, 100% game for 100000 Club entry.

The outpouring of whining and stupidity on these forums about GT5 even before it's release made me think twice about buying a PS3 and connecting to PSN, and the Sony hack debacle kind of vindicated that decision for me. Now that I've seen some of the whining & moaning that goes on due to people being abusive on PSN, the Drag and Drifting forums here which seem to be the source of about 70% of reported posts, scamming traders, the absence of tracks, cars, paint colours, blah, blah, blah just makes me wonder why I'd want to get involved just for the sake of some fancier graphics? I concluded that really, I didn't. When I bought GT5 I was about mid-way through that 1st June Society run, and I didn't want to quit as it's not in my nature. Now seeing the complaints about replayability of GT5 I figure it's surplus to requirements.
Therefore I'm selling my unopened, unused, unloved and unwanted copy.

If you're interested I'll even save you the postage, as we'll be in Liverpool in mid-March to get my wife's passport renewed so I'll chuck it in my hand luggage!! :D

How much do you think it would cost to ship it to New Zealand? I am really considering buying it off you, but it depends on my trip to Japan this year and weather I have the funds to buy it.

How much do you think it would cost to ship it to New Zealand? I am really considering buying it off you, but it depends on my trip to Japan this year and weather I have the funds to buy it.

Well, I do have a prospective buyer that I've sent a PayPal invoice to already, however, there's been no payment yet, and I'd like to get that sorted before I ship anything to anyone, I did say I'd ship it to the first person that shows me the money though and that I'm not going to hold it forever.

That said, I did just take the box to FEDEX to figure out how much shipping to Nelson, NZ would be. Let's just say you don't want to know!!! More than the game itself is actually worth, and then some. :scared: (and that's not even for overnight delivery!!! :crazy:)

I'll be taking it to the Post Office to get a shipping estimate, for my prospective buyer within USA, tomorrow for registered delivery, so I'll ask about NZ rates then too. I would've done it today too, but the line in the PO was out the door, so I'll go at a less busy time of day.

*Edit* I just checked USPS.gov site. 💡
The game would fit in an 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" Priority Mail International Flat Rate Medium Box with room to spare (plenty of packing material to protect it 👍 as it's 8.25" x 7.75" x 4.25" in dimension) With the package insured for $150 value, it would cost ~$53 (USD) to ship to New Zealand and would take 6 - 10 business days. (~$48 without insurance) I could not get a registered delivery option for this though, as it's outside of the USA. So, basically $165 all-in.

Last edited:
Happy to report that this item is now sold. 👍
Closing thread.

*EDIT* Happy to report that I received confirmation that the new owner has received this item securely and safely. 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back