Sold my GT Sport and bought Project cars 1

• Thread starter Milan254
  • 22 comments
After couple of days I had enough. Sold the game and bought Project cars 1 for $10. What a bargain comparing to what I got for GT sport Limited edition for $100. I do have PS4 Pro and 4K TV and yes the graphics in GT sport are superior to Project cars however the actual fun of playing the PC1game comparing to boring GT Sport, constantly fearing the server will be down, no offline saves etc.etc then the long and great single player offline in PC1, the number of tracks and cars is far superior to GT Sport. Maybe they will fix all the problems with future updates and DLC, but given it took them 4 years to do this “demo” I am not willing to wait another 4 years before the game is great again.

You did the right thing, man! 👍
I have'em both and, in my opinion, PC is the best on the market (PC2 not quite there yet, but it will be, I am optimistic).
GTS, at least for the moment, it's such a big disappointment! :drool:

I bought pCars for my ps4pro when it was on sale in June iirc plus all DLCs. Graphics are fine, very gritty, with colours not too saturated (like the sport setting in AC), thus fitting a pure blood racing game. What has put me off time and time, however, is that I cannot seem to find proper settings (FOV, and DS4) to set and forget, and just concentrate on racing. Especially the DS4 is hard to set up. Even at Input Mode 3, and Steering Sensitivity 0% it's hard to make fine adjustments. It's either too twitchy, or way too twitchy.
While GTS doesn't come remotely close in content I like the lack of customization (no FOV, only a few clicks of steering sensitivity). It calms my mind, and I can forget about them, and simply play/race. It's my nature to believe that for all things there's one right way to go about them, there's no such thing as "personal preference". A game like pCars is very unsettling for me. With so many seemingly homogenous options to choose from, I spend more time with fiddling around in the options than actual racing.

I bought pCars for my ps4pro when it was on sale in June iirc plus all DLCs. Graphics are fine, very gritty, with colours not too saturated (like the sport setting in AC), thus fitting a pure blood racing game. What has put me off time and time, however, is that I cannot seem to find proper settings (FOV, and DS4) to set and forget, and just concentrate on racing. Especially the DS4 is hard to set up. Even at Input Mode 3, and Steering Sensitivity 0% it's hard to make fine adjustments. It's either too twitchy, or way too twitchy.
While GTS doesn't come remotely close in content I like the lack of customization (no FOV, only a few clicks of steering sensitivity). It calms my mind, and I can forget about them, and simply play/race. It's my nature to believe that for all things there's one right way to go about them, there's no such thing as "personal preference". A game like pCars is very unsettling for me. With so many seemingly homogenous options to choose from, I spend more time with fiddling around in the options than actual racing.
I had the same problem with the Ds4 and after a long time I found the perfect settings for my driving style. Once I got those settings I never changed and have completely adapted to them. It just feels perfect to me and I can easily compete with the really fast guys not the Aliens which are still 1-2 sometimes a bit more seconds away but that’s just practice and nothing more. If you wish I can upload a screenshot of my settings.

63281026-C464-4C16-B3D7-23D0FFD84A77.jpeg

With these settings you‘ll be able to drive absolutely souvereign. I kept them since the beginning after I fiddled them out, and never changed anything. I say, you won’t find anything better if playing with Controller. It feels so perfect and intuitive, it’s a blast. This is how this Gane should have been shipped and I swear people would have loved it from the beginning :cheers:

Funny enough @Milan254, I had a day off yesterday and I finally sat in front of the PS4 and decided to configure PC1 once for all. I bought it in june in the PS store for about £15 and I only raced it two or 3 times.
It needs some configuration, but once you set everything... oh boy, this game is a blast. It is very sad to say, but I haven't had this fun in Gran Turismo ever. And is just single player. I went straight to the Gineta series, and found a competitive setup. I'm addicted to this thing now. It is so realistic.

I just hope that PC2 is as good, and racing online is not carnage like other games.

Funny enough @Milan254, I had a day off yesterday and I finally sat in front of the PS4 and decided to configure PC1 once for all. I bought it in june in the PS store for about £15 and I only raced it two or 3 times.
It needs some configuration, but once you set everything... oh boy, this game is a blast. It is very sad to say, but I haven't had this fun in Gran Turismo ever. And is just single player. I went straight to the Gineta series, and found a competitive setup. I'm addicted to this thing now. It is so realistic.

I just hope that PC2 is as good, and racing online is not carnage like other games.

I think that we are on the same situation. I´ve GTS and PC1 (using a g29 on ps4), and I´m thinking to buy PC2. I think that PC2 is better than PC1, I tried pC2 demo... great!
If you buy the new PC2, let´s go to ride some laps!

I went straight to the Gineta series, and found a competitive setup. I'm addicted to this thing now. It is so realistic.

The Ginetta series is a great place to start, & I enjoyed the first few races. However, a word of warning; just wait till you get to Silverstone (it all starts to fall apart imo). I'm not going to say why, as I don't want to spoil it for you. I am of course assuming you haven't got that far yet?

I think that PC2 is better than PC1, I tried pC2 demo... great!
I'm going to first squeeze all the juice from PC1, PC2 might be better but another £20 are difficult to justify for me right now. It's like assassins creed, every new one looks even more amazing that the previous one, but I can't just drop the French one and go to the London one.
PC1 impacted me, and I have only played 2 hours. I'm going to enjoy it like a good cigar, no rush (I'm old, I know)

VBR
I am of course assuming you haven't got that far yet?
I'm in the first race, I do everything with the maximum possible length. I consider PC1 as a sort of mental training, almost like meditation. 2 hours in which I couldn't think about anything else, what only matters is the next corner. Sure that is a form of abstraction... but 2 laps before ending the second race I touched the grass and gone... In GT Sport you can recover from almost anithing. In PC1 no way. So I will start it again next weekend bank holiday.
I also have the feeling that since I played project cars I drive a bit better in GT? is that possible?

Random online racing will be carnage, but you can build a list of clean driving friends and join in races with good hosts like @Mr Tree and many others.

Also, check out the online racing section on GTPlanet for leagues to join which use the cars you like. Good luck with PC1 - hope to see you on PC2 soon! below our 2018 schedule:

Schedule 2018 Provisional.jpg

Yeah, I still play this game, albeit that it's the "Complete Edition" of it.
Me too. Last week i ve been trying to compare pc1 vs pc2 on a std ps4. I asked on this forum about this, but i consider pc1 better than pc2. It’s funny, graphics and sounds are better. I don ‘t understand why people say that pc2 is better.

Been on this for a few hours tonight. Had some great fun in the Evo at Oulton Park hot lapping. Really like the Ginetta Junior as well, but it's way too hard to race against the crazy AI with the default set up, need something more stable. Been fiddling with the menu settings, & got the cockpit cam to look more like GT. I much prefer it to Assetto, & even GT Sport at some points.

I just re installed this and I think in some important ways it’s better than PC2, at least on PS4. It looks better and smoother. PC2 is 60fps but somehow it’s jittery.

The physics are more intuitive and natural. Though PC2 has better FFB, at least default, I’ll need to search for some FFB setting for PC1.

After couple of days I had enough. Sold the game and bought Project cars 1 for $10. What a bargain comparing to what I got for GT sport Limited edition for $100. I do have PS4 Pro and 4K TV and yes the graphics in GT sport are superior to Project cars however the actual fun of playing the PC1game comparing to boring GT Sport, constantly fearing the server will be down, no offline saves etc.etc then the long and great single player offline in PC1, the number of tracks and cars is far superior to GT Sport. Maybe they will fix all the problems with future updates and DLC, but given it took them 4 years to do this “demo” I am not willing to wait another 4 years before the game is great again.

I paid a fortune for GT Sport special edition had it a few months then did the right thing put it back in it's box and chucked the box in the works incinerator, a waste of money but I am a humanitarian and don't want to wish that hideous lump of misery on any other human being.
I went back to Driveclub which is brilliant. I have now installed PC1 which I have had for an age and never played and once I get to grips with it I hope to enjoy and move on to PC2.

Back