Solitaire Touge Battle

  • Thread starter Thread starter Orbit
  • 2 comments
  • 754 views
Messages
204
[size=+3]Forget this, just buy Enthusia![/size]

[size=-2]Are you finding that GT4 is running out of steam? Sick of going through the motions of buy, tune, drive, repeat? Let me present the Solitaire Touge Battle!

Basically, I just watched the 'American Touge' BMI Hot Version DVD and thought time-trial battles would be an enjoyable way to waste many hours in front of the Playstation!

My test run was done with two patriotic heavyweights which ended up being closer than I had anticipated. For simplicity, I used arcade mode with stock cars running S3 tyres, racing Sector One of Autumn Ring [Normal], but you can obviously use any combination of car, track, sector/whole and tuning settings to find an even match.

The Solitaire Touge Battle format is loosely based on Initial D rules, but dictates a qualifying round to set the gap to beat. The battle continues in a best-of-three competition. (You could just run once and take the result as final, but I figure that I don't run like clockwork around a course the way Tsuchiya-san does).

Example Run:
Car A: '04 BMW M3
Car B: '00 Nissan Skyline GTR

In this case, the GTR was quicker in the qualifier and the gap for the M3 to close is 0.152 seconds.

Run I
M3 beats GTR by 0.528 seconds

Run II
M3 beats GTR by 0.292 seconds

Run III
GTR beats M3 by 0.159 seconds

Solitaire Touge Battle Winner: BMW M3

Now I'm off to Deep Forest for a few hours. No Calls.
[/size]
 
Is the the one where one car follows, and wins if the trailing car passes the leader? And if they don't switch positions after the course, they switch places and keep going until someone either loses the trailer, or passes the leader.
 
Not really -- he's talking about single-player time-trials...

I don't quite understand -- you run both cars, determine a gap, then run the slower car three times to see if it's faster?
 
Back