Solo Mode Custom Championship and Endurance races

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
Fareham, UK
paoloevans
Hi all,
A few burning questions that I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to?

I've heard a bit about solo mode and that you can create your own custom Championships. This sounds amazing!

My first question is can you create Endurance races within your season? For instance can I have a 6hours of Bathurst or a 24hours of Spa in the middle of my Championship?

Second question is that if you cant put in the 6hour/24hour events is there then a maximum length of race that you can use for a custom championship event?

Finally does it depend on what cars/disipline you are using to how long you can make the race? eg. can i have a 6hour race using the classic touring cars such as the Sierra Cosworth?

If anyone knows that will be very helpful! I am putting together some idea's for my first custom season when the game is released!
Thanks

Hi all,
A few burning questions that I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to?

I've heard a bit about solo mode and that you can create your own custom Championships. This sounds amazing!

My first question is can you create Endurance races within your season? For instance can I have a 6hours of Bathurst or a 24hours of Spa in the middle of my Championship?

Second question is that if you cant put in the 6hour/24hour events is there then a maximum length of race that you can use for a custom championship event?

Finally does it depend on what cars/disipline you are using to how long you can make the race? eg. can i have a 6hour race using the classic touring cars such as the Sierra Cosworth?

If anyone knows that will be very helpful! I am putting together some idea's for my first custom season when the game is released!
Thanks
Hi I think you've been misguided somewhere.
At the moment we have a feature called quick weekend this allows you to setup a weekend of racing with any class/ car
At the moment there is no countdown timer but you can set the number of laps.
Length of race in career mode is dependant on a class/ championship however it not linked in quick weekend.

At the moment we have a feature called quick weekend this allows you to setup a weekend of racing with any class/ car
Length of race in career mode is dependant on a class/ championship however it not linked in quick weekend.

Is there a limit to the number of laps you can set for a quick race? For example, since there is no timer for setting up a proper timed race, can we guess-timate the number of laps to run, say, a 24 hour race, or is there an upper limit (eg. 99) for the number of laps that can be run?

Oh no maybe I have?

Though I 100% saw on a video under Solo Mode there was a 'Custom Season' option! Does anyone know what this involves?

Wait, there is no option for setting a timed race (i.e. 2,4,6, or 24 hour)? Can somebody confirm? Thanks

At the moment there is no option.

is this something that has been considered or is been considered to be included?

It would be a good option to have, could re-create some of the blancpain endurance events, 24hours spa, le mans etc.

So the endurance events in single player will be based on number of laps rather then a set time i guess?

At the moment there is no option.
I hope it is something that would definitely be included. I mean TD Le Mans for PS1, and Dreamcast at least had an option for timed races. If you are only able to do races with a set lap count, you wouldn't be able to do a proper endurance race. Depending on the weather, some races would take a lot longer than others because of slower lap times.

I hope it is something that would definitely be included. I mean TD Le Mans for PS1, and Dreamcast at least had an option for timed races. If you are only able to do races with a set lap count, you wouldn't be able to do a proper endurance race. Depending on the weather, some races would take a lot longer than others because of slower lap times.
A race thats done by time is in the game but its not an option yet in multiplayer.

Hi.
This is my first post. I've been following Project CARS and these sub-forums for a very long time now and I have to say that I've never been looking forward to a game as much as this.

Regarding this topic, is it planned to have the custom season option? Would really like to have the ability to create a, say, 10 race season with the Mercedes 190E DTM, Ford Sierra Cosworth and the old BMW M3. For that, it'd be awesome to be able to choose your exact opponents. I know you can choose same car or same class. In that case: do I get an overview over the field before the race weekend starts? Also, if I choose same class, are the opponents always the same ones? If I choose to race against a certain number of cars, it would mean that all cars from that class could be selected by the game.

No but it prep programmed in a few career races

Is it been considered to be included in the quick race weekends. Makes little sense to leave out such a prominent feature from real life motor racing?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back