Solution to demolition derby found

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grogley
  • 20 comments
  • 2,200 views
Messages
30
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So..............finally i have found a place where i can race without the angry hordes in GR4 Sub SR rating C. That place is GR3 SR rating B+ , it really does seem like a different mentality there, the racing is just clean. Saying that i would advise spending 5 laps to get you in the top 5 of qualifying. However, one race an hour is a Joke.
 
What do you have to do to get there? MY SR is B, but my DR is D. and the FIA games are full of people who block you and side ram you.
 
What do you have to do to get there? MY SR is B, but my DR is D. and the FIA games are full of people who block you and side ram you.

I'm talking about the daily races.
 
The Audi TT ones are not too bad either as they dont have the speed or handling to harm you much. ALMOST relaxing races. I 'quit' all dailies/FIA last night before i ranted on here as my B rank (where i belong I believe) was smashed down to a low C in ONE race.
So today as a coda I did the TT small lap races over and over to easily get back to B. NOW I've quit as I want to keep my B/S ratings! A good time there will get you in top 5 on grid (i got my first pole too!) and you will just be cruising with the leaders.
Tip: turn ALL aids except ABS off with the Audi. It will gain you 2 or 3 seconds on a sub minute lap time, leaving the punters scratching their heads how you do it :D
 
You know, if PD wasn't so lazy and actually included events in Racing Etiquette we might not have this problem. Instead, they rather put there 2 videos and voa la you have a licence to play sport mode... this is the result. They should have included missions about braking points, side by side racing, at least 1 mission inside, 1 mission outside and more.
 
You know, if PD wasn't so lazy and actually included events in Racing Etiquette we might not have this problem. Instead, they rather put there 2 videos and voa la you have a licence to play sport mode... this is the result. They should have included missions about braking points, side by side racing, at least 1 mission inside, 1 mission outside and more.
I agree. I thought the etiquette section was a joke, but maybe they just thought they'd be insulting everyone's intelligence or something? Who knows...(they still should have made some mandatory courses for that section.)
 
I agree. I thought the etiquette section was a joke, but maybe they just thought they'd be insulting everyone's intelligence or something? Who knows...(they still should have made some mandatory courses for that section.)

Get where? you just work your SR and DR to B then enter the GR3 daily races every hour. Whats an FIA game
 
Good luck now they've changed the Group 3 race to the ring of death. PD have no idea what they're doing or even listen to their customers, this game is getting boring fast.
 
Good luck now they've changed the Group 3 race to the ring of death. PD have no idea what they're doing or even listen to their customers, this game is getting boring fast.
ring of death? :D what is the track?
 
What do you have to do to get there? MY SR is B, but my DR is D. and the FIA games are full of people who block you and side ram you.

To improve your SR, don't worry about winning or improving your race position. Your main goal should be to complete each sector clean which will show the little green "SR" flag above the sector time. If the dive bomber behind you wants past, let him. He'll most likely be in the wall a few turns later anyway. Just try to run clean sectors the entire race.
 
I find it easy to keep my SR rating S in the audi tt races it's mostly clean racing
and when you have S go to the other races
 
I'm DR-B and I had one of the worst races yesterday. So much brake testing and ramming and one mad guy ruining everyone elses race because he lost his second place.
I had better races at Dr-C last week :irked:

But I guess I was just unlucky and you were lucky so far.
 
SR S is generally fairly clean, although in the recent FIA events a lot of players seem to have been a bit over-motivated.
 
SR S is generally fairly clean, although in the recent FIA events a lot of players seem to have been a bit over-motivated.

Maybe they should require an SR S Rating to participate? Then it would force you to go drive clean a lot if you don't meet the requirements, and figure out how to stay clean in the process. Granted it wouldn't stop people from being aggressive in the event itself (nothing will), but maybe it'd help weed out the riff-raff?

Jerome
 
To improve your SR, don't worry about winning or improving your race position. Your main goal should be to complete each sector clean which will show the little green "SR" flag above the sector time. If the dive bomber behind you wants past, let him. He'll most likely be in the wall a few turns later anyway. Just try to run clean sectors the entire race.
Right, I think I've figured out how to get SR, just wanted more DR. Off to race some Audis!!

-edit-
Better make that WRXs
 
Maybe they should require an SR S Rating to participate? Then it would force you to go drive clean a lot if you don't meet the requirements, and figure out how to stay clean in the process. Granted it wouldn't stop people from being aggressive in the event itself (nothing will), but maybe it'd help weed out the riff-raff?

Jerome
It was supposed to be like this. I read you were supposed to get at least all silver on your license tests and have a sportsmanship rating of S, not sure of the DR to be able to compete in FIA races. Also that was the requirements to get your digital FIA license. Doesn’t seem to be the case though. Either that or don’t mix sportsmanship ratings. You also have quite a few who race terribly but just know how to game the system and hit you but not get a penalty. It’s a shame that people have to seek out something’s flaws for their own personal gain while tying an experience for so many other people. Selfish people will be just that.

Edit: not just license tests but all of the campaign you were supposed to get silver or above to compete in theFIA’s
 
Maybe they should require an SR S Rating to participate? Then it would force you to go drive clean a lot if you don't meet the requirements, and figure out how to stay clean in the process. Granted it wouldn't stop people from being aggressive in the event itself (nothing will), but maybe it'd help weed out the riff-raff?

Jerome
Or split the rooms into dr/Sr rating rooms, if you improve, you move up and can join the clean rooms, if not, well...
 
You know, if PD wasn't so lazy and actually included events in Racing Etiquette we might not have this problem.

Events would do nothing.

They're lazy in the fact there's no proper race ending damage model that would prevent all of this, bashers aside.

You want people to drive clean?
Then force damage to their car not their license rating when they use your bumper for a brake.

They'll realize fairly quickly, man I've got to be more careful after a few DQs to engine failure.
 
XXI
Events would do nothing.

They're lazy in the fact there's no proper race ending damage model that would prevent all of this, bashers aside.

You want people to drive clean?
Then force damage to their car not their license rating when they use your bumper for a brake.

They'll realize fairly quickly, man I've got to be more careful after a few DQs to engine failure.
We need this on every race. Why PD? WHYYYY?!?!?
 
So..............finally i have found a place where i can race without the angry hordes in GR4 Sub SR rating C. That place is GR3 SR rating B+ , it really does seem like a different mentality there, the racing is just clean. Saying that i would advise spending 5 laps to get you in the top 5 of qualifying. However, one race an hour is a Joke.

Well, in my very own experience, higher SR ratings don't mean necessarily better behavior from your rivals. Some of the worst races I had were after upgrading from B to A in SR. Eventually I dropped again from A- to B plus and I'm enjoying some quiet Daily Races. For some reason, the apes seem to think is more fun to mess with the FIA races, don't pop so often on Daily ones.
 
Back