[Solved] GT5 online & security risks?

• Thread starter FoxHound
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: This issue has been solved... Thank you! :)

Hi,

A day or two ago, i was playing in an online room, Free Run, Top Gear track, where the attitude in general was 'Anything goes'. People were dragging, some were hotlapping, others were drifting, trading, and still others were a bit trolling with X1's.

Nothing serious or abnormal, just the normal things which take place in Free Run games on the Top Gear Track............until I decided to start trolling. Now the way i trolled was epic, mind me for saying. I trolled with a Ford Truck, tuned and just litterally bumped into anybody on the track, from people drifting to people dragging. I noticed people asking for the host to kick me out, which didn't happen (i think the host wasn't even caring at all). I continued my trolling, until one other guy said 'Kick [myUserName]'.....

Then, some other guy responded with 'Hold on'...... and after a second or 5 the whole chatscreen was cleared, and the text 'Hacking [myUserName]' appeared in the chatscreen and NOTHING else......only those 2 words appeared.

As soon as i saw that, i noticed some other strange things on track ander just to be sure, i immediately pulled out my internet cable.

Now i have never ever seen the chat screen suddenly getting cleared of all the text and usernames, and i have never seen 'Hacking [username]' appearing suddenly in the cleared out chatscreen.....

Could it be that a hacking trick or so was taking place? Has anybody else seen this or experienced it?

Disclaimer: Normally I am a very friendly driver, i respect others and in Race modes i play as contactless as possible and in a very mature and responsible way. IF i troll, then it's only in Free Run mode, where i am aware i risk being kicked out of the room and make no problem of it if that indeed happens. So before anybody start accusing me or saying it was what i deserved, please be aware of the situation and gamemode (Free run mode, 'anything goes rule')...

Last edited:
Relax! It's just a joke. It happens all the time online, don't worry about it. They just pressed the line break button for a while to clear out everybody else's text.

You can't be hacked via online gaming, full stop. You can be stupid and give your details away in some way but I do not know of a single genuine case of someone being hacked through playing games online, for any system.

lol really??? I thought i was being hacked....i turned my ps3 off for 1 hour with the internet cable detached.....after I started the console up again, i tried loggin in to PSN and store, which was not possible. I started to stress out, until i realized the cable was still out.
Then i inserted the cable, i went to the store to check whether my digital wallet was still in order....Then i changed my account password and reset my router......

So it's all a joke??? I feel like a fool now haha!

Thnx for ur reply though!

Its peoples way to kick trolls. They're not really hacking, they just want to make you think that so you pull you're internet cable and leave the lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back