SOLVED! HELP! T3PA acceleration dont work any more

• Thread starter mattias
  • 14 comments
Belgium
Belgium
mattiasvd
hi guys and racers
i got a t300rs with gearshifter and the t3pa pedals and i was playing driveclub and all was good and suddendly i couldent give acceleration any more
so i tryd couple f times and then try d it on project cars...still noting
solutions?

thankjoe grtz Mattias

Is the light by the mode button still red, or did you accidentally press the mode button and it went green?

Is the light by the mode button still red, or did you accidentally press the mode button and it went green?
hi man tanx for the reply
no i try d to swap it i try d to change it to ps3 and again.to ps4
i also did the calibrate on project cars and my acceleration pedal stays.on zero(0)...sucks

cheers

Assuming the cable is fine, sounds like a potentiometer has broken. Unusual to happen, I'd assume you will need to RMA.

hi man tanx for the reply
no i try d to swap it i try d to change it to ps3 and again.to ps4
i also did the calibrate on project cars and my acceleration pedal stays.on zero(0)...sucks

cheers

You are on a forum, not texting, so let's go for full sentences so we can understand what you're saying -- otherwise, we can't help you.

;)

That said, did you try holding the mode button on your wheel base until the light changes colors to see if that helps?

Also, when trying to calibrate your pedals in-game, does pressing the clutch register as a throttle input? If so, then you have your pedal mode switched (you've switched your clutch and throttle), and you'll need to hold the mode button in on your wheel base until the light changes color.

An RMA is a "Return Merchandise Authorization," which means the manufacturer has authorized you for a warranty return/replacement.

The potentiometer is what reads the throttle input (also used on the clutch and brake). This is literally the same thing as a volume control on a radio -- it's a rotary sensor that is used to detect the position of your pedals. If the potentiometer is broken, or if your pedals aren't working properly, you'll need to file a warranty claim with Thrustmaster and they will issue you an RMA number, or send you a new set of pedals.

Usually you have to register your device with the Thrustmaster Support site, and scan in a copy of your receipt or bill of sale, and Thrustmaster Support will often ask you to upload or send them a video showing the actual problem (so maybe something showing your pedals next to your screen or monitor showing that there is no input when you press the throttle).

See how much clearer things get when you communicate with whole sentences?

;)

You are on a forum, not texting, so let's go for full sentences so we can understand what you're saying -- otherwise, we can't help you.

;)

That said, did you try holding the mode button on your wheel base until the light changes colors to see if that helps?

Also, when trying to calibrate your pedals in-game, does pressing the clutch register as a throttle input? If so, then you have your pedal mode switched (you've switched your clutch and throttle), and you'll need to hold the mode button in on your wheel base until the light changes color.

An RMA is a "Return Merchandise Authorization," which means the manufacturer has authorized you for a warranty return/replacement.

The potentiometer is what reads the throttle input (also used on the clutch and brake). This is literally the same thing as a volume control on a radio -- it's a rotary sensor that is used to detect the position of your pedals. If the potentiometer is broken, or if your pedals aren't working properly, you'll need to file a warranty claim with Thrustmaster and they will issue you an RMA number, or send you a new set of pedals.

Usually you have to register your device with the Thrustmaster Support site, and scan in a copy of your receipt or bill of sale, and Thrustmaster Support will often ask you to upload or send them a video showing the actual problem (so maybe something showing your pedals next to your screen or monitor showing that there is no input when you press the throttle).

See how much clearer things get when you communicate with whole sentences?

;)

correct!
i will try to keep the full sentences up! tanks for beïng so helpfull! i think i will try the warranty because they are 2 months old and being used for not more then 10-15hours so they are like new!
thankyou ;-)

correct!
i will try to keep the full sentences up! tanks for beïng so helpfull! i think i will try the warranty because they are 2 months old and being used for not more then 10-15hours so they are like new!
thankyou ;-)
Actually, the rules of the forum say you have to use the best English you can. By no means does it have to be perfect, but it has to be the best you can manage.

correct!
thankyou ;-)

You're quite welcome! I would recommend registering on the TM Support site, and then filing your claim there via e-mail. I've never had a problem doing it that way.

hey guys,
i found the treat...and managed it to solve it
i detached the botom with the screws in it.
the cogwheel of the acceleration pedal was off the metal thing. so i pushed it back on and now its back like new!
if someone does have the same problem and trys this. wacht iut for the wires because u have to click one off for detaching!

thanx for everything!

hey guys,
i found the treat...and managed it to solve it
i detached the botom with the screws in it.
the cogwheel of the acceleration pedal was off the metal thing. so i pushed it back on and now its back like new!
if someone does have the same problem and trys this. wacht iut for the wires because u have to click one off for detaching!

thanx for everything!

Congrats Mattias! Glad you were able to sort it out! :)

Just curiously, how difficult was it to disassemble and reassemble the pedals? It's a real pain disassembling the stock TX/T300 pedals because you have to get EVERYTHING lined-up for both the brake and throttle at the same time, then bolt the base back together -- I assume that with three pedals to deal with, the T3PA set would be a real pain especially during the reassembly step.

Congrats Mattias! Glad you were able to sort it out! :)

Just curiously, how difficult was it to disassemble and reassemble the pedals? It's a real pain disassembling the stock TX/T300 pedals because you have to get EVERYTHING lined-up for both the brake and throttle at the same time, then bolt the base back together -- I assume that with three pedals to deal with, the T3PA set would be a real pain especially during the reassembly step.

Hey, I was wondering, I have the exact same problem as you, but, everytime after I push back the cogwheel it comes out again after a couple of hours using it, so I was wondering if you applied any kind of glue or something to keep it in there, also I wanted to know if theres been any issues with the pedal set after that.

Pd: Thank you for sharing the solution, you saved my life.

Back