[Solved] Some T500 buttons do not work on menus

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
I just got a T500 wheel but I'm having some problems in the GT6 menus:

1- The R1/L1 buttons do not work, and I can't scroll between menu pages (it's very annoying)

2- There was one time I entered the race settings menu (to adjust, for example, ABS) and the Circle button stop working, so I couldn't close the menu and got stuck there (but the arrows and X button were working and settings could be changed). I had to connect my Sixassis, press circle to quit the menu and then turn off the sixassis. Then I tried entering the race settings again and the wheel's circle was fine... very odd.

As a note, I have the default functions for the R1/L1 (gear up/down). For the circle, I selected the handbrake function. My GT6 is updated (1.02). I have no idea which my wheel's firmware version is... any way to check it?

Anyone with the same problems? Am I doing anything wrong?

It was a known issue that the T500 R1/L1 buttons don't work in menus. In 1.01 you could use R1/L1 of a DS3 controller alongside the wheel, this was broken in 1.02 but apparently works again in 1.03. Not sure yet if T500 L1/R1 now works in menus, but Logitech wheels R1/L1 in menus was fixed in 1.02, so hopefully....

Firmware can be seen by installing the drivers and hooking the wheel up to a PC. It shows you the driver and firmware version in the settings screen. v41 is current, and updating to at least v40 is recommended since it updated the wheel FFB refresh rate and other important changes.

Latest Posts

Back