Some B-Spec code for the PD developers...

  • Thread starter Thread starter calan_svc
  • 15 comments
  • 1,364 views
Messages
594
United States
OKC, U.S.
Messages
calansvc
IF RaceType = "NASCAR" AND _
(Track = "Daytona" OR Track = "Indy") THEN

DON'T HIT THE FREAKING BRAKES AT THE START-FINISH LINE AND IN THE CORNERS FOR NO DAMN REASON!

END IF


Just trying to help is all. Maybe they don't know. :D
 
Man, the braking at the starting line is just mind boggling. Bob goes from because 200 MPH to about 120 just so he can cross the line at a moderate speed. He doesn't like to show boat I guess.
 
Yeah...Bob is smoking crack on this one.

It has to be a bug. I think when they recorded the fast lap for the AI, they didn't go back and remove the glitches and smooth it. He'll brake there even if he's the only one on the track.

BTW - I noticed the brake power settings have no affect for Bob. I took them down to 1 and 0 (Fine; wanna brake? I'll take them away from you! LOL), and he can still park on the start line.
 
You made me laugh, give you that. But your Bob gets better, once he or she (Bobett) gets to a higher level then will stay full throttle around daytona.
 
No, PD can't be bothered with this "minor inconvenience"...:sly:

PS: Some people has suggested tune both brake balace to 1 to counter the problem.
 
I did not have this problem. My B-Spec driver did Daytona and Indy without any excessive braking.
 
You made me laugh, give you that. But your Bob gets better, once he or she (Bobett) gets to a higher level then will stay full throttle around daytona.

How high?

What's bad is that he's driving like a level 3 driver in a level 21 race. I just ground the NASCAR tracks for like 2 hours to get him to level 22 so I can move on. How high does he need to be to go back and win NASCAR?

On a completely unrelated note, why couldn't the drivers of the NASCAR cars be...wait for it... NASCAR drivers? It's just nuts to have "A. Hole" or whatever driving Kyle Busch's car. And why is there a list of fictional names blocking part of my damn screen? Does anyone care which AI guy is running where? At the the very least they could have listed which cars they are instead of some made up driver names.

Parts of this game are just retarded. LOL
 
Last edited:
You can change it so the cars are displayed instead of driver's name. I do it all the time when there's a fast car at the back of the field I might be worried about and I can't remember who the driver is :) That way I can keep tabs on him easier and know when to push my dirver.

Mike
 
You can change it so the cars are displayed instead of driver's name.

Wanna share? :)

BTW - I'm talking about in HUD view, specifically on A-Spec... not the replay/scoring monitor.
 
Keep the 3rd person references in the book of faces and out of GTPlanet please.

Louie_Schumii does not like that.
:lol:

That's an interesting OP there :lol:.
 
Louie_Schumii does not like that.
:lol:

That's an interesting OP there :lol:.

:lol: 👍

EDIT: Anyway back to the topic.

I think PD's code for B-Spec is meant to simulate how a driver would actually drive in real life. If someone like Chip Ganassi gave you one of his race cars to drive around Indy I doubt anyone would go flat out in that thing on their first lap.

In other words, if your driver doesn't feel confident in the car then he/she won't actually take it to its limit.
 
Last edited:
How high?


On a completely unrelated note, why couldn't the drivers of the NASCAR cars be...wait for it... NASCAR drivers? It's just nuts to have "A. Hole" or whatever driving Kyle Busch's car. And why is there a list of fictional names blocking part of my damn screen? Does anyone care which AI guy is running where? At the the very least they could have listed which cars they are instead of some made up driver names.

Parts of this game are just retarded. LOL

I agree with this and thought the same thing. I also am annoyed there is another car exactly like mine in the field at nascar races even though this happens in real nascar but is not the norm. We should have been able to make a custom car for the nascar races and just let the real drivers and cars be themselves.

Also my level 23 driver still seems to slam on the brakes at daytona and uses the gas pedal like my girlfriend.. as an on/off toggle switch with nothing in between.
 
I screamed at my B-Spec drivers during the truck race at Daytona because of this. One of the tries, my driver lost all 12 positions thanks to that.
 
I screamed at my B-Spec drivers during the truck race at Daytona because of this. One of the tries, my driver lost all 12 positions thanks to that.

I sometimes scream. When i do, i normally rage so much :lol: that I become like ChoZo or the WoW freakout kid :scared::sly:

I then proceed to kick myself in the foot that I am kicking myself with and restart the race.
 
Back