Some British Tea at Trial Mountain.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 5 comments

Darin

(Banned)
I decided to buy a TVR Griffith 500. Its Cooper Green. ;) Its such a awesome car. I just bought some slick tyres for it. Thats it, And took it to the professional league, and entered the British Cup @ Trail Mountain.

Race Entrys:
  • Jaguar XJR Coupe
  • Aston Martin Vanquish
  • Lotus Motor Sport Elise
  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage
  • TVR Griffith 500

Qualifing Results:
  • 1: TVR Griffith 500 __ 1'33.511
  • 2: Lotus Motor Sport Elise __ 1'33.676
  • 3: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 __ 1'34.570
  • 4: Aston Martin Vanquish __ 1'36.655
  • 5: Aston Martin V8 Vantage __ 1'38.444
  • 6: Jaguar XJR Coupe __ 1'41.480

As soon as this 10 lap around Trail Mountain began, the Tuscan and the MS Elise out accelerated me. I quickly came back to the top podium postion in Turn 4 where the MS Elise Drifted off the track. ( Yes, that crazy mutha****er of a Elise kept Drifting... ) The Tuscan just was slow. The race was perfect. Me, the MS Elise and the Tuscan just were going at it all around until the end of lap 7. On the last turn, theres that hump on the left side of the track that makes your car take off like a damn airplane. Well, the MS Elise came from the outside, shoving me in the hump causing me to fly away and spin out... roasting my tyres. around Turn 6 but tyres were orange. I couldn't turn with ****. So, i'm hoping from the Tuscan to pit so I can atleast score second. Well he didn't the Elise was 33.271 second ahead of at the end of the race.

Race Results:
  • 1: Lotus Motor Sport Elise __ 15'35.371
  • 2: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 __ 15'47.231
  • 3: TVR Griffith 500 __ 16'08.642
  • 4: Aston Martin Vanquish __ --'--.--
  • 5: Aston Martin V8 Vantage __ --'--.--
  • 6: Jaguar XJR Coupe __ --'--.--

So, I went back to TVR, and told them to modify the car slighty. They did.
They put the following parts on it.

• Sports Suspension
  • Brake Balancing
  • Sports Computer Chip
  • Single plate clutch
  • Racing Flywheel
  • Carbon Driveshaft
  • Stage 1 Weight Reduction

I also went and bought a harder compound of tyres. Super Slicks where the best I can go.

I first tested the car first stock - without the modifications on Complex String I. My time was:
  • 5'01.319

With the parts added, my HP increased from 347HP to 361HP. Not much of a improvement. But it works. The car handled better and I was looking for that.
So,I took out the slightly tuned Griffith 500 @ Complex String I. I got a awarding time of:
  • 4'48.796
That was with the normal - stock tyres.

So I entered the British Cup once again. Hoping for a victory and a close race. The entrys where the same, but in qualifing they were about about a second - half a second faster than before. It impressed me.

Qualifing Results:
  • 1: TVR Griffith 500 __ 1'31.153
  • 2: Lotus Motor Sport Elise __ 1'32.009
  • 3: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 __ 1'33.789
  • 4: Aston Martin Vanquish __ 1'35.877
  • 5: Aston Martin V8 Vantage __ 1'37.232
  • 6: Jaguar XJR Coupe __ 1'40,553

This race turned out interesting - interesting indeed. Turn one, Me the Tuscan and MS Elise went 3 into that turn. Me in the inside, Tuscan in the middle, and MS Elise on the outside. He went off course and I out ran the Tuscan by Turn 5. The MS Elise was coming on fast, I see him drifting threw every corner possible. ( Which the AI drifting is abit weird. ) But the Elise gave me a good battle until he started falling back around lap 8, or the beginning of lap 9, it was around there. With me and a comfortable 1st, I had it down, I was 4.132 seconds away from the Elise.

But the slight modifications worked well, and yet, still gave me a close battle to the finish.

• 1: TVR Griffith 500 __ 15'27.005
  • 2: Lotus Motor Sport Elise __ 15'31.137
  • 3: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 __ 15'48.758
  • 4: Aston Martin Vanquish __ 16'35.980
  • 5: Aston Martin V8 Vantage __ 16'48.118
  • 6: Jaguar XJR Coupe __ +1 Lap / 15'31.464

I had fun, and I hope you enjoy reading my Write-Up.

An excellent take on a write-up that I don't think has been done before. At least I can't recall someone having noted up the British cup race.

So when are the next two race reports coming in?

Looking forward to it.

AO

Der Alta
An excellent take on a write-up that I don't think has been done before. At least I can't recall someone having noted up the British cup race.

So when are the next two race reports coming in?

Looking forward to it.

AO

Thanks, AO ( whatever that stands for. )

The other 2 will roll around whenever I get a chance to get to them. Today is really a off day for me with GT3 here. I can't drive today, its weird.

But, Der Alta. If you also noticed on the second time I ran the race. The Qualifing order stayed the same for the race results. I just saw that. Thats abit weird also.

Back