Some Car choice help....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loonycrazyone
  • 16 comments
  • 1,240 views
Messages
503
Messages
tomcarter08
Hello all.

I recently purchases the Toyota Gt-one, Audi R8 01 race car, and Peug 908. I am after another high roller, with good handling and would like some advice. I was thinking between Sauber Merc, Mazda 787b, Nissan 92cp. Can you guys throw some good thinking this way. I like stuff that handles well and goes like stink. Much appreciated. Not sure either how much this lot are, I am approaching 4 million saved and wanted to be ready. Cheers
 
Pescarolo courage- JUDD GV5 Race Car
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
BMW McClaren F1 GTR
BMW V12 LMR
Peugeot 905 Race Car
;)
 
Hello all.

I recently purchases the Toyota Gt-one, Audi R8 01 race car, and Peug 908. I am after another high roller, with good handling and would like some advice. I was thinking between Sauber Merc, Mazda 787b, Nissan 92cp. Can you guys throw some good thinking this way. I like stuff that handles well and goes like stink. Much appreciated. Not sure either how much this lot are, I am approaching 4 million saved and wanted to be ready. Cheers

787 and Sauber are both great racers...as for the Nissan I prefer the 89cp over the 92. Just a personal preference though.
 
Peugeot 905 is beserk its so fast only weighs 750kg and sounds like a monster, almost as quick as an F1 car.
 
I'd go for the Mazda 787B for the engine sound alone!👍
 
All of the race cars you can find in my garage. :)

http://www.mygranturismo.net/15088

Although the best include the Audi R8 Race Car '01, Nissan R89C Race Car '89 and Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99 (excluding F1 cars).
 
Last edited:
From what I've read the Bentley Speed 8 is awesome, but I have yet to buy it :(
 
The 787B is a Premium so that's kind of a no-brainer. Also - get them all when you see them, high-roller.
 
787B you won't regret it trust me.
 
I agree...if you don't have the 787b you need to get it. It's one of the cars I drive the most.
 
Thanks for the advice. I always liked the 905c in that other game but was edging towards the Nisssan 92, however, seems like the 787 is the one to have. Am i right in thinking that it is 5.6 million?
 
OMG, i have just been checking youtube for GT5 sounds on the 787b, my mind is TOTALLY made up.....need i say more. I want this car by the end of TODAY, LOL. Cheers all.
 
The sound is amazing, but no one has the style of the Bentley Speed 8 ( reminds me of Speedracer) Watching the Bentley is simply... don't have words to describe it...
 
They are all great cars and once you equalize either PP or weight and hp, they are all very close in performance. Buy them all!!!
 
well, i'm now skint, BUT happy. The Mazda is a great car, love it. Testing the various cam modes for best sounds.
 
They are all great cars and once you equalize either PP or weight and hp, they are all very close in performance. Buy them all!!!

Not quite all of them. Some of them are lacking compared to the others. Here are the few underperforming race cars in the same class as the ones mentioned in the first post.

- Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88 - Corners slower than the others
- Pescarolo-Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05 - Sucks on high speed turns
- Pescarolo-Sport Pescarolo-Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04 - Sucks on high speed turns
- AMG Mercedes CLK-LM Race Car '98 - Less downforce than all of the above cars so your lap times will be worse in this car
- Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 - Same as the CLK-LM
 
Back