Some cars have annoying sounds

  • Thread starter Thread starter MattZR1
  • 16 comments
  • 1,388 views
Messages
932
United States
Peoria, AZ, USA
Messages
MattZR1_81
So it seems on a few cars such as the countach '74 and the 458 Italia that there is some extra droning or loping noise while driving. The engine noise still is more prominent, but you can hear this subtle noise on certain cars such as these during a race where it can get bothersome. I don't know, give it a check and listen; at first I thought it might have been road noise, but other cars don't seem to do it.

It could just be my very acute hearing, who knows. Do some courses have more pronounced road noise than others though?
 
Some courses have more road noise and some cars make unique sounds.
 
There are definitely several cars with odd, cyclic noises that sound a bit unnatural. That said, I haven't actually driven any of the cars that I've noticed it on so maybe it's really there.
 
If you like cars that make strange, annoying noises, try the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2.

A permanent rhythmic thumping sound unrelated to the speed of the car.

It makes it undriveable for me, which is a shame because it’s a nice car.
 
..................you think theres something wrong with the sound of a 458? :)
 
Sounds like debris from the track being picked up by the tires, and flung out to your wheel wells... similar to what you would hear in gutted race prepped car. (ask me how I know ;) )
 
If you like cars that make strange, annoying noises, try the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2.

A permanent rhythmic thumping sound unrelated to the speed of the car.

It makes it undriveable for me, which is a shame because it’s a nice car.

Totaly agreed, and having the same problem with my Stealth 787B... like it's having a flat tire os something...
 
If you like cars that make strange, annoying noises, try the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2.

A permanent rhythmic thumping sound unrelated to the speed of the car.

It makes it undriveable for me, which is a shame because it’s a nice car.

I love this noise from the Giulia TZ2! :sly:

It actually changes in tempo with engine RPM, and from memory, it comes on at about 5500rpm and increases in tempo till rev-cut.
Kind of sounds like African tribal drums to me... And I dont mind it. It helps to get me into more of a rhythm. But once my thoughts go elsewhere, it usually ends up in a big off.

Who knows if the real car ever had some engine noise that could be similar? 💡
 
Yea, i drove a test Toyota Prius last month and when i drove at about 10 to 30 mph, there was just nothing to be heared, only the airconditioning and the winds. But like in GT5, i don't hear any high beep or the engine humming the whole time at the same tone.
 
For me, the GT-One has the ugliest sound in the game... sounds like a 🤬 shaver... the same goes for the C9 Sauber Merc... :ouch:
 
I agree on some cars having poor sounds. The Alfa is mildly annoying and the Mitsubishi i-MiEV borders on driving me insane due to the "drill-like" whirring the car gives off.
 
I think the 458 itself (engine noise) sounds pretty good albeit a little whiny, but the weird droning noise that comes along with it in the foreground is annoying. It sounds like a revolving thumping noise kind of like I was hitting bumps in the road at regular intervals....it is so hard to describe, lol.
 
the Autobianchi A112 Abarth ‘79 sounds like its breaking the sound barrier with a racing exhaust in 3rd person view. its so obnoxious
 
I agree on some cars having poor sounds. The Alfa is mildly annoying and the Mitsubishi i-MiEV borders on driving me insane due to the "drill-like" whirring the car gives off.

I agree on the i-miev, that is so annoying, my dog kept barking because of it :scared:
 
Are you guys talking about the racing transmission upgrade whine? If you are, that's completely normal and realistic, if you've ever heard a straight cut gearbox then you'd agree... Imagine a car in reverse at 100mph+. Classic cars would also have straight cut gears, the current helical gearboxes haven't been around forever. The TZ2 would have straight cut gears and possibly the Countach too.
 
So it seems on a few cars such as the countach '74 and the 458 Italia that there is some extra droning or loping noise while driving. The engine noise still is more prominent, but you can hear this subtle noise on certain cars such as these during a race where it can get bothersome. I don't know, give it a check and listen; at first I thought it might have been road noise, but other cars don't seem to do it.

It could just be my very acute hearing, who knows. Do some courses have more pronounced road noise than others though?

I think you're talking about the sound loops certain engines/exhausts make. What seems to happen is: PD takes sound samples of a real-life car, but the sample only lasts for a second or so, maybe a second and a half in some cases. All PD samples are on a loop, therefore, so there's consistent sound going on. Sometimes, an extra noise gets recorded in the loop, and we hear this noise in our games.

rrrrrrrrr*pop*rrrrrrrrrrrr*pop*rrrrrrrrrrr*pop....

I agree, it can get distracting. Ever since the first GT, there have been some soundbytes that have the extra noises, and others which PD captured more flawlessly, in which there are no extra noises.
 
Back