Some facts about Driveclub

• Thread starter Xenoko
  • 3 comments
France
France
Hi everyone! :)
I'm new on GT Planet and I propose to you some facts about the Driveclub graphics.
I hope it'll be interest you!

Fact 1: The road texture

The road texture is hand made, yes, hand made! For avoid a repetition on its texture, the developpers created the texture themselves.

Fact 2: The environment and the sky

The environment was modeled with NASA's photos, hence its fidelity with the real world. Same for the sky, its was the same on the real world: for example, if you go in a India track, you'll see the same sky who is present in the real world. Moreover, the clouds will never are at the same place.

Fact 3: Polygon-ception

In the game, a car (i don't know which), a car is composed of 240 000 polygons. For make it in 1995, this would have required 480 PS1!

Fact 4: When we make a forest, we don't pretend

In some tracks, there are...1 200 000 trees. Yup, ONE MILLION AND TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND TREES MODELED IN 3D. It's just...enormous. :eek:

That's all, guys! I hope you've learned some things about Driveclub. See ya! :gtpflag:

Wow. Evolution Studios really went to another level, 1 million 2 hundred thousand trees? 240,000 Polygons per car?
Thanks for this.

It's the only game, where the car parts leave a reflection on the same car. (Although it can be buggy sometimes)

0S3wFXuRq6s.jpg

Back