Some FH3 Noob Questions - Forzathon Reward Cars & Xbox Live Gold subscription

• Thread starter Project_R
  • 5 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi everyone,

I am new to Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox in general (GT player all of my life).

I have unsuccessful been able to obtain answers to the below that I hope fellow GT Planet members can answer.

1. I do not have an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Aside from online races, am I missing out on any other aspects of the game? Am I able to access the Auction House without an Xbox Live Gold subscription?

2. I am a big Porsche fan. I bought the Porsche DLC car-pack assuming it came with ALL of the Porsches in the game, only to realise that a bunch of models were missing (918 Spyder, 997 GT3 RS 4.0, 996 GT3, etc). I learnt that these cars (and others, e.g. S14 Silvia) can only be obtained via Forzathon events. What are the chances of these cars being released as a Forzathon reward car again in the future? Do you need Xbox Live Gold subscription to participate in and acquire all of the Forzathon reward cars?

I bought an Xbox One S and Forza Horizon 3 due to the game's outstanding car list, only to find out that this game isn't like Gran Turismo i.e. all of the cars are not available at the dealership and it seems if you've missed a Forzathon event, you might not be able to acquire the reward car again (which is a shame, as I am a "casual" gamer and do not play every week).

Apologies for the long read and thank you in advanced for your answers!

1. I do not have an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Aside from online races, am I missing out on any other aspects of the game? Am I able to access the Auction House without an Xbox Live Gold subscription?

Yes, you're able to sell/buy cars on the AH without having a Gold account, which is only necessary for online adventures and races.

2. I am a big Porsche fan. I bought the Porsche DLC car-pack assuming it came with ALL of the Porsches in the game, only to realise that a bunch of models were missing (918 Spyder, 997 GT3 RS 4.0, 996 GT3, etc). I learnt that these cars (and others, e.g. S14 Silvia) can only be obtained via Forzathon events. What are the chances of these cars being released as a Forzathon reward car again in the future? Do you need Xbox Live Gold subscription to participate in and acquire all of the Forzathon reward cars?

I think these Forzathon challenges will still run for many months, so I'm sure there will be more chances to get all these exclusive cars again. This month, for example, everyone who missed the 599XX and the Porsche 959 (like myself) has another opportunity to unlock them.
Forzathon cars can also be bought from the auction house, but the prices for some models, such as the Sesto Elemento, are quite high.

Hard to say. Some of the cars have been Forzathon rewards twice now. The auction house usually has a handful of listings for the Forzathon cars, so fear not.

I bought an Xbox One S and Forza Horizon 3 due to the game's outstanding car list, only to find out that this game isn't like Gran Turismo i.e. all of the cars are not available at the dealership and it seems if you've missed a Forzathon event, you might not be able to acquire the reward car again (which is a shame, as I am a "casual" gamer and do not play every week).

Approximately 99% of the cars in FH3 can be purchased from the dealership.

Except the Porsche models there haven't been many unique Forzathon cars. Here are those I can remember, which I believe are nearly all of them:

AMC Pacer X
Bentley Continental GT3
Bentley Continental Supersports
Ferrari 599XX (obtainable now)
Ford Falcon V8 Supercar
Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
Lola T70
Nissan Silvia S14

Again, try the auction house for those you missed.

DeadHero and Nielsen, thank you kindly for your replies.

I've played a bit more of the game on the weekend and was successfully able to acquire all of the Forzathon cars I missed. Had to grid Goliath in the Countach HE (Credit Boost) for a bit though. Great fun :)

To save cluttering other threads, I thought I'd post some additional noob questions of mine here.

3. Are XP points fixed per race or you can you earn more XP points by performing certain actions? (if yes, how?) e.g. Goliath race, I earn 50,000 XP for a 1 lap race. Is there a way to earn more than 50,000 XP for a 1 lap race?

4. Regarding Horizon Edition cars, are the applicable boost available in free roam mode as well? or only races? e.g. I have a Horizon Edition-Skill Boost car. If I start drifting around in free roam mode, will I get the extra Skill points? or will I only get the extra Skill points if I drift around in an actual race? Same applies for Drift Boost, etc.

3. Are XP points fixed per race or you can you earn more XP points by performing certain actions? (if yes, how?) e.g. Goliath race, I earn 50,000 XP for a 1 lap race. Is there a way to earn more than 50,000 XP for a 1 lap race?

You can earn extra XP for skill chains, I think there is a cap but no clue what it is.

4. Regarding Horizon Edition cars, are the applicable boost available in free roam mode as well? or only races? e.g. I have a Horizon Edition-Skill Boost car. If I start drifting around in free roam mode, will I get the extra Skill points? or will I only get the extra Skill points if I drift around in an actual race? Same applies for Drift Boost, etc.

HE skill bonuses are available everywhere except online.

Latest Posts

Back