Some general tuning problems. From gt5 to gt6 problems.

United States
Ohio
Alright so 2 problems im having.

1: theirs no bottom out sensor thing i can turn on in gt5 to just see a red flashy light telling me if my springs are too soft. This is a problem because i like to run my cars lower than i think most do.

Whats a good way to tell if im bottoming out because im terrible at figuring out if my springs are too soft or too stiff.

2: High speed turning, In gt5 i tuned my cars with a low aero in the rear unless i was doing a race with tire wear....but, in gt6 the aero settings range from like 200-600 instead of just 5-45 and it makes it harder.

but lately i can't get my cars to take turns how i want them at higher speeds. Cars like my re-amimiya and speed 8 are taking the turns at speeds i like, but when i make the initial turn in, they don't have as much grip as i like and are making me pedal the gas at times. Whats a good way i can make car gripper in rear without suffering too much at low end turns.

-Already have my rear toe higher than i like and camper higher than i think most have it.

Try going to 0 camber on the front if you want better turn in. Camber does not work the way it should. Anything above 0 seems to reduce grip. I cannot help with the lowering issue. I tend to lower the cars but not so low that i have to worry about bottoming.

Try going to 0 camber on the front if you want better turn in. Camber does not work the way it should. Anything above 0 seems to reduce grip. I cannot help with the lowering issue. I tend to lower the cars but not so low that i have to worry about bottoming.

Soooooo, if i want more grip while turning i should put both front and rear camber at 0 instead of anything else?

What is your experience with these settings as compared to 0/0 Camber?
(Front/Rear)
0.5/0.5 Camber
0.0/0.20 Toe

Last edited:
So far it seems that any camber reduces grip and cars are better when set at 0/0 on camber. ON some cars it may feel better with more camber but that seems to just mean that you need to tweak something else a bit as the camber seems to actually reduce grip.

As for the ride height question one thing you may try is to watch the replay and pay attention to your car and the suspension as it goes around the track, sparks are a good indicator that you are to low. Spring giving and then getting solid are another. Some of it may be correctable with stiffer spring settings.

In the bit of tuning I did in the Nascar around Motegi I found that if you go to low the car gets quite a lot of understeer

So far it seems that any camber reduces grip and cars are better when set at 0/0 on camber. ON some cars it may feel better with more camber but that seems to just mean that you need to tweak something else a bit as the camber seems to actually reduce grip.

As for the ride height question one thing you may try is to watch the replay and pay attention to your car and the suspension as it goes around the track, sparks are a good indicator that you are to low. Spring giving and then getting solid are another. Some of it may be correctable with stiffer spring settings.

In the bit of tuning I did in the Nascar around Motegi I found that if you go to low the car gets quite a lot of understeer

My cars never understeer, its always oversteer if anything.

What is your experience with these settings?
(Front/Rear)
0.5/0.5 Camber
0.0/0.20 Toe

will try after im done with project but i know when i got the car these setting were crap. Will try again now that its tuned a little

My cars never understeer, its always oversteer if anything.

will try after im done with project but i know when i got the car these setting were crap. Will try again now that its tuned a little

It depends on the car, but if a car is prone to under steer a little camber on the front should help but in GT^ a little on the rear can seem to help as it is reducing rear grip a little the opposite is also true with oversteer to a point but so far it has been my experience that cars grip better at 0 camber settings and then use springs, weight balance, rollbars, dampers or downforce to induce or reduce the under/over steer

Soooooo, if i want more grip while turning i should put both front and rear camber at 0 instead of anything else?

I find myself running 0 on the front and and less than 1.0 on the rear. I run a little on the rear to get some oversteer on turn in to mid corner. I prefer that to understeer. Bear in mind that I drive mostly MR cars but I have done the same on a couple of FR with good results. However, your driving style may be different than mine.

I just tried to lower my front and rear camber by like .10 on each and right now its at like .08 and .06 but even though its gripping more now, i now get oversteer on corner exit and sometimes mid corner when im not even on the gas at all.

So, should I only use camber for drifting setups?
I have one or two degrees on the front of a few MR cars to reduce oversteer, but yes you can use it to make cars slide more easily.

I'm trying to ignore camber settings for the time being in the hopes that PD will fix it. That way, my cars won't all be set up backwards after the patch.

Somthing that no one has mentioned that can help fine tune your car is the LSD it does have an effect on the car.
It operates the same as it did in GT5 at least that I have found it does. So if your suffering low turn in. Lower your Inital torque setting. I set mine to 5 on almost all my cars.

Somthing that no one has mentioned that can help fine tune your car is the LSD it does have an effect on the car.
It operates the same as it did in GT5 at least that I have found it does. So if your suffering low turn in. Lower your Inital torque setting. I set mine to 5 on almost all my cars.

I usually set my LSD pretty low, only thing i don't like is i find it pretty unpredictable at times.

Example: ive had it before were on low speed turns it spun the inside tire, and on high speed it spun the outside tire. And while sometimes it helps me control my car, it also spins me out even more at some times.

but, in gt6 the aero settings range from like 200-600 instead of just 5-45 and it makes it harder.
On some car, esp Premium models, GT5 aero scores are 10 times the one in GT6.

For these cars, GT5 10 aero mean GT6 100.

On other models (the NSX Type S Zero '99), the aero parts didn't changed at all. 5/20 is still 5/20. Go figure :) (I figured there was copy-paste from GT3 on my most irl wanted car ! :( :( :()

Example: ive had it before were on low speed turns it spun the inside tire, and on high speed it spun the outside tire. And while sometimes it helps me control my car, it also spins me out even more at some times.
ARoll bars at 1/2/3 I guess... Try +1 or +2 them, then increase the accel or decel LSD for a few clicks.
Or it's 7/8/9 in that case you need -1 both of them and look if you want to decrease the lsd.

On some car, esp Premium models, GT5 aero scores are 10 times the one in GT6.

For these cars, GT5 10 aero mean GT6 100.

On other models (the NSX Type S Zero '99), the aero parts didn't changed at all. 5/20 is still 5/20. Go figure :) (I figured there was copy-paste from GT3 on my most irl wanted car ! :( :( :()

So if i want the equivalent of lowering my downforce by 10 on gt5 but on gt6 i add another 0. Alrighty.

Back