Some ideas for a much more realistic front/rear dowforce mods

While playing GT4, some ideas just popped up in my head.

In GT4, buying a wing enables both front & rear downforce and I do find it a little weird (The front dowforce part.).

Now, for GT5, they should offer Canards, front splitters or a combination of both (Prefably with color choices like the wings in GT4 but with the option to have it painted the same as the car's body color) which will then unlock the front downforce adjustments.Not trying to turn the GT series into a ricer-type kind of game but they should have simpler, functional looking one like these;

Front splitters->
splitt16.jpg

RDspl1.JPG

machevo_1847_33503334

Canards->
canards.jpg

machevo_1847_29680518

Also, simpler, shorter & smaller spoilers (And maybe those tiny extensions for cars already equipped with spoilers for those who want to retain the OEM spolier) like the ones below will be a nice addition too, especially for some who prefer something not too large.
Spoiler.jpg

roof-spoiler-silver-0_thumb.jpg

5%20series%20rear%20spoiler.JPG

d_3469.jpg

That's a good idea. It really dosen't make sense to give us front downforce adjustibility from putting a spoiler on the rear of the car.

If you read the info, it actually says you're putting on a rear wing AND a front splitter in GT4, you just don't see the splitter because unlike the wings they'd be less generic which would mean more work. Considering they modelled over 700 cars you'd think they could've done a few splitters for the different sized cars.

It'd be nice to actually see the splitter and to have some wing options, it looks stupid having a standard looking street car with a huge wing on the back.

Mad Murphy NZ
It'd be nice to actually see the splitter and to have some wing options, it looks stupid having a standard looking street car with a huge wing on the back.

I think this image defines your statement.

Eh just bring back the "R" mod but with different stages. Y'know just incase people want to keep the stock body. Stage 1 gives you all the wings,splitters,bodykits whatever and stage 2 widens the body, monkey bars etc.

STiGoFLyBy
I think this image defines your statement.

C'mon, you see goofy rice burners with excessive wings on the street all the time :D.

But I totally agree, it would be nice to see front spliters on the cars. I understand the restraints and increased effort involved to make that possible, and why they decided not to include it in GT4. Hopefully in GT5. Heck non prototype Ford GT has a splitter stock, but the LM prototypes don't, what's up with that :irked:. Especially the Spec II version, which has the big spoiler on back. Heck, in original testing, the GT had moderate front end lift at speed. With a big spoiler on the back and no front spliter, it should do backflips :dopey: !. Just one little detail I thought was off in GT4.

Agreed. Canards (otherwise known as dive-planes), and a front splitter or spoiler of some kind would be a welcome addition. Take a look at the blue Audi DTM car, I think it's the A4 chassis? It has extra dive-planes on the rear fenders even. A lot of prototype race cars use dive-planes on the front fender areas to better plant their nose. Putting different sized dive-planes on cars would be a welcome addition.

I'd like to see the splitter and all that too. I'd also like to have height adjustment on the wings. I don't like putting wings on my RX7 FD's, for example, because they're WAY too high off the back of the car, and just look rediculous. If you could lower the thing, moving it closer to the body of the car, then it'd look way better.

I like the idea of smaller wings. I know they don't do as much good as GT wings, but sometimes they look better. How about having them be a non adjustable 'Stage 1' aero enhancement?

I have some cars where I wish I could just take the stock wing off, too.

VQuick
I like the idea of smaller wings. I know they don't do as much good as GT wings, but sometimes they look better. How about having them be a non adjustable 'Stage 1' aero enhancement?

I have some cars where I wish I could just take the stock wing off, too.

I hope PD is listening to that. Even if it gave a downforce penalty (God knows, for most of those stupid stock wings, there really isn't any) I would love to "shave" the stock wings.

I like that idea, a "Stage 1" cosmetic wing, non-adjustable, giving something like 10 units of downforce, then a "Stage 2" wing, adjustable up to 20 or 30, then "Stage 3" would be the front splitter WITH an unseen rear diffuser (maybe adding 5 units of df? :P ), both adjustable for downforce. The tuning menu should then give you the option of running any combination of these, just like in track days.

Did I hear an order for add-on canards and splitters? How will these do? I took these pictures at a NASA High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) this past weekend, the 6th and 7th.

Back