Some issues...

• Thread starter Rashman
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So apparently there is no such thing as slip stream in Japan.
So we’ll just leave that out of the game. But it’s a real driving sim. Honest.

It seems that if you enter an AI’s driving line, he’ll just push you out of the way and into a slide and he’ll carry on as normal. But it’s a real driving sim. Honest.

Rounding the second corner on the 30 lap endurance race in the Porsche RSR is performed at some 45-50mph.
But on-screen, when you scale the car against the marshal that’s standing on the bend, does it really look like 45-50mph?!
No.
More like 20mph.

The game seems to reward you for coasting round corners, where you can maintain speed, have no engine control, and have no fear of the back end letting go.
This was no the case in previous GT games where the back would have let go and spun you round.

The rally is quite frankly laughable.
At what point did PD loose all understanding of the principles of physics and of rallying in general.
Might as well have called it Torvil & Dean.

The online racers as far as I can tell is pretty crap too.
If th admin changes a parameter that you don’t conform to (after you’ve joined!) you find yourself effectively booted out.
Or, you find everyone jumps ship and abandons the server/ race.

Braking is also slushy and poor across the board.

Steering is numb.

Oh, and when I completed the 30 lap endurance race, I get this:

“The server is currently undergoing maintenance”.
Awesome.
Thank you PD.

Who the hell thought making this game 90% online was a good idea.

When the servers are down, you literally can’t do anything!
Nothing is available and all icons are dead.

But, I know, let’s add pointless stuff into the game, like being able to colour-in the driver’s overalls!.. that’ll draw their attention away from the issues!

Also, while education is welcomed, why the hell do I want to read about Prince William and his family while playing a racing video game?!

I suspect I will be keeping the £50 that they are asking for this game.

Looks pretty but has no soul and a complete lack of grasp of physics.

GT Sport..... fail.

Last edited:
So apparently there is no such thing as slip stream in Japan.
So we’ll just leave that out of the game. But it’s a real driving sim. Honest.

It seems that if you enter an AI’s driving line, he’ll just push you out of the way and into a slide and he’ll carry on as normal. But it’s a real driving sim. Honest.

Rounding the second corner on the 30 lap endurance race in the Porsche RSR is performed at some 45-50mph.
But on-screen, when you scale the car against the marshal that’s standing on the bend, does it really look like 45-50mph?!
No.
More like 20mph.

The game seems to reward you for coasting round corners, where you can maintain speed, have no engine control, and have no fear of the back end letting go.
This was no the case in previous GT games where the back would have let go and spun you round.

The rally is quite frankly laughable.
At what point did PD loose all understanding of the principles of physics and of rallying in general.
Might as well have called it Torvil & Dean.

Braking is also slushy and poor across the board.

Steering is numb.

Oh, and when I completed the 30 lap endurance race, I get this:

“The server is currently undergoing maintenance”.
Awesome.
Thank you PD.

Who the hell thought making this game 90% online was a good idea.

When the servers are down, you literally can’t do anything!
Nothing is available and all icons are dead.

I suspect I will be keeping the £50 that they are asking for this game.

Looks pretty but has no soul and a complete lack of grasp of physics.

GT Sport..... fail.

Your right on thr rally part.I play dirt 4 and compared to grand turizmo sport it's 1000 more real

Mate, I thought I might as well do the rally missions and I immediately thought “errrr.... what the hell is this?!”

It’s seriously a joke.

Really let down by this game.
I’m sure a lot of people will be swooney-eyes over the graphics and sold completely.
I’m old enough to know better and I’ve been gaming long enough to not be won over by surface glitter.

I really wanted my good ol’ GT back, in next gen glory.

Man am I disappointed.

I’m currently staring at a dead demo of the game, that is offline and cycling through car images.
Awesome.

Speaking of which, does anyone else think it’s a bit of a cop-out to just slap a computer generated image of cars over real life still images?

Pretty poor if you ask me.

Forgive my ranting but it should be an indication of just how let down I am about this long awaited, much hyped game.

Forza, although I haven’t experienced much of you, I doff my hat to you.

P.S:

PD, crude, pixelated reflections of trees etc on the cars is poor. Yes, we noticed. Or do you feel you didn’t have enough time to finish the game. After repeatedly putting back the release data again and again?

Don’t hype a product unless it’s flawless.

Back to battlefield for me.

Last edited:
Back