Some Liscense help please. J10

• Thread starter rovens
  • 6 comments
OK im going back and redoing all the tests as best i can trying to get at least silver (gold where possible) so that i can get hold of some more riding gear. Well i managed to silver all the junior tests first or second attempt except for J10, the graduation test at Deep Forest. My best is a 1'28.402 and for silver i need 1'25.1'25.850

Ive had a few runs that have been a few tenths better but ive laid the bike down or gone of course.

I can not see any way that i can shave 3seconds off this time ,ive watched the demo over and over. Ive uploaded a replay of my best attempt in the hope that some kind soul will watch it and tell me where im going wrong.

Its the PAL version btw.

Big thanks to anyone that helps.

Attachments

• J10 Replay.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 12
Right after repeated attempts im gettingthere, i just posted a 1'25.972. But this is no longer fun at all. Im going to do it cos im stubborn but right noew i would gladly punch the guy that designed this test right in the face. Games are not meant to make people feel this way.

O yeah, deep forest sucks for bikes, its so bumpy i may as well go offroad.

Update: 1'25.240 hell yes. Screw going for gold. IM off to bed.

Drive safe.

rovens
Screw going for gold. IM off to bed.

You young whippersnappers don't know difficult. Figure of speech.

I literally spent ten whole continuous hours attempting to pass the full lap test at Laguna Seca. It was either in Expert or Super. Then I fell asleep. The following day I got my ass back in there and spent another seven straight hours until I finally got gold. And that's using full pro mode with manual transmission. I might have put in a minimum of a thousand attempts in the seventeen total hours I spent on that particular test.

Persistence, man. That's all it takes.

Uncreated

Good, God. I spent 2.5 hours and got gold in all of the Super tests. I must have been having a good day, I guess.

And yes, persistence is good. You'll learn the subtle things that can really make a huge difference, but you have to be open to trying different things. If cutting the apex isn't working, brake later and harder, turn sharp and get on the gas, for example. Patience (which I don't have much of when it comes to racing) is a true virtue in TT, I'm finding. Punching the gas too early usually ends in taping the brakes or riding in the litter. Coast through the corners, spot markers and learn when/where you can push it.

After the second tunnel is usually the costliest bit timewise, for me, anyway. Between the first tunnel and the second one, you just have to wait, you can't gas it at all in that long slow right. But after the second tunnel, everything has to be just right. If I push too hard, I lay it down in the first left out of the tunnel. If I get past that, I miss the next left after the crest, very difficult to find. If I make the left, I usually find I'm too wide and have to back off a lot stay on course. In that double-left after the tunnels, leading onto that long uphill straight, the second turn is quicker, or would be if it didn't tighten up on the exit. :grumpy:

Basically, find the marks and hit them, and use throttle only while upright.

I hated the GT4 tests that were on Deep Forest, and I wasn't fond of the TT tests here. Strangely enough, I really like riding the course. The Suzuki 600 challenge was great fun, leaping over the crest on the main straight and hoping to make turn 1.

BTW, go for the gold!!!! You get bikes not available any other way.

O i will be going for gold, just not that night lol. It seemed the secret was to NOT tuck in the 1st section of corners coming up the hill. Not tucking anf follwing the same line knocked 2secs of my time, which came as a suprise.

I never particularly liked Deep Forest, Trial Mountain or Autumn Ring in GT4, but christ I love them in TT.

The last corner of Autumn Ring on the RM backs is awesome, throttle pinned bike wobbling :dopey:

Back