PS4 Some minor PS4 questions.

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by MIE1992, Sep 4, 2019.

1. MIE1992

MIE1992

-Is there a specific USB keyboard I should get for the PS4, like to type messages in GTS' chat, or does literally any USB keyboard work?

-Is it a also good idea to get a PS4 USB hub? I want to think so because between charging a controller, wanting to use an aforementioned USB keyboard, a microphone, and potentially a racing wheel & pedals would likely require the use of said hub. I think I saw some with like, four or five USB slots, and you plug the hub into one of the two USB slots that are already there.

2. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

When i used a keyboard I just had one spare and it worked fine, and I also bought the ps4 usb hub port expansion, for all the same reasons you put and it worked fine again..:)

3. kikie

kikie Premium

I used a standard USB "Cherry" keyboard with my PS3.

4. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

That‘ll work with the PS4, too

MIE1992 and kikie like this.
  5. dlshearon

dlshearon

I bought some cheap $25 bluetooth keyboard off amazon that gets the job done.

Does any hub work or does it have to be one made for a Playstation?

6. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Any hub will work

MIE1992 and dlshearon like this.
  7. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Did you know that I recently use a Bluetooth keyboard for Samsung Tablet for my PS4? No I'm not kidding.

8. Slapped

Slapped Premium

I use a small Apple bluetooth keyboard with my PS4 which saves a hub port.

I also use a generic powered 4 port USB 3.0 hub for my PSVR, wheel and HOTAS, and also for transferring screenshots and videos to USB stick.

However, if you are using a hard disk for external storage then this has to be connected directly to the PS4. The PS4 won't allow external storage devices to be used through a hub for whatever reason.