Some numbers on my own duplicates vs new cars

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by zzz_pt, May 20, 2019.

1. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got yet another duplicate (Honda NSX Gr3) and thought about checking some numbers on my own account. Here's what I found out.

The game has 294 different cars at the moment (according to kudos).
    I've bought 113 and own 301 right now.

Of these 301, 18 are DLC, 2 are borrowed from the FIA manufacturers and 54 are duplicates I didn't delete yet. Which means I own 212 unique cars (I've bought some cars several times to have a few liveries on them), 114 of which were gift prizes.

I also went to all the dealerships and checked how many cars I'm missing.

9 from North America
    49 from Europe (9 from Ferrari alone!)
    24 from Asia

I'm missing 82 cars in total = 28% of the total.

Now, I've logged in to the game 187 times according to the achievements list. I'm not sure if it's accurate but I'll take it. It it's not, I'm sure I've logged in more than that, not less.

That means I should get 187 daily prize cars (because that was the reason why I would log in).
    32 more prize cars from the circuit experience.
    8 more from the mission challenge.
    9 more from the Driving School because I got all gold.

That's 236 prize cars since I started playing day 1.

Which means, if I hadn't deleted duplicates, I'd have 369 cars in my garage with 122 of them being duplicates.

TL;DR:

51% of all the cars I've gotten as prizes are duplicates (122 duplicates vs 114 unique), despite the fact that I still miss 28% of the cars in the game.

I've deleted roughly 1/3 of the cars in my garage since day 1.

I have just over 10.000.000 Cr now that I'm saving for the Miura or the Ferrari P4... been saving for ages. Which means I will never own all the cars in this GT.

Have a great week everyone! :gtpflag:

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  2. gtpierre

gtpierre

The more new cars you have, the more duplicates you will get

101 logic

Draggon likes this.
  3. VBR

VBR Premium

And your point is...

4. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

This is the weirdest flex I've ever seen, but okay.

5. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

Who said otherwise?

I came back to the game on the 16th of April. Didn't get a single new car in over 30 days. You'd suppose I'd get a few, since I still miss about 1/3 of the cars.

There's not a point. Is just a post with some numbers showing how broken the prize pool is.

talhaONE and VBR like this.
  6. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

How is me criticizing the duplicate prize cars and complaining about about how many cars I miss, a flex? :lol:

It would be a flex if I was flexing about something.

7. FoxMulder

FoxMulder

It sucks but is better than nothing I guess. I just delete dupes.

I've had over 200 hours played and only have 174 cars in my garage with 62 being purchased. I long gave up on owning all the cars.

8. VBR

VBR Premium

I hear ya!

:tup:

zzz_pt likes this.
  9. breeminator

breeminator

I only have 98 cars, but 3 days in a row I got a duplicate as my daily workout prize. If each prize were totally random from all cars, this would only have around a 1 in 27 chance of happening. I've just stopped bothering with specifically playing each day, as the prizes are so rarely worthwhile.

VBR likes this.
  10. Famine

Famine Administrator

That's almost certainly true, as one car is only available through the daily workout - and as I think that's an enormous numbered list (as in billions) which effectively changes the available cars with each update, the likelihood of ever getting that car is now vanishingly small.

11. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

I'm not even counting that one. I have 2 of the "clean" ones already and I could create the dirty livery myself if I wanted. :)

12. p78

p78

Which car are you guys talking about?

I got a unique car (to me) a couple of days back, has been a loong time since i didn't get a duplicate.

it was the Vulcan.

13. watto79

watto79

There are two versions of the Audi R18 Lemans 2011. I forget which but one of them has a 'dirty' livery and is only possible to get from the Daily Workout Gift (or as a birthday gift I believe). The two cars are otherwise identical other than the livery.

GTsail, talhaONE and p78 like this.
  14. p78

p78

oh cool tnx, did not know. Gonna check my cars later on, since it's a rare unicorn, i'll probably don't have it.

Update
    I do have it.

GTsail likes this.
  15. GTsail

GTsail Premium

The Gift Car Marathon groups have received two of these Audi R18 LeMans '11 cars. One in the April Marathon and one so far in May Marathon.
    2 times out of 4718 gifts (and counting), so its pretty rare.:eek:

I luckily:) received the car as a daily gift back in March before I even knew that it was rare:

40729098833_c5f8d31d6d_k.jpg

Loverson likes this.
  16. Dess81

Dess81

I have 241 cars. And I just tired and dont want to make daily workout. I feel disappointment, cos there are too many dubs. I have got 4 GT3 M6 Power in 3 weeks. It doesn't work at all. I was so dissapointed when I have got gt3 dubs for my birthday.
    And also I can't say that I dream to get any missed cars except 20M cars. I don't believe that I will get 1M+ car someday. The best present was 800K GT2 car (also it was dub) and 600K Mersedes.

17. VBR

VBR Premium

GT5 Garage Editor = problem solved. GT6 20 million credit glitch = problem solved. Unfortunately, no such way to get around the awful & entirely unnecessary restrictions in GT Sport. It reminds me of what Dara O'Briain once said about video games that lock content away...

Warning: contains lots of :censored: :censored: :censored:

18. Rizla

Rizla Premium

Got 2 in my garage at the moment & have deleted one during a spring clean. When I got the first one I nearly deleted it thinking it was a duplicate but realised just at the last moment it wasn't.

19. Victoria H

Victoria H

Too lazy to do any math, but I'm pretty sure PD is convinced I'm some Mitsubishi fangirl or something like that, because I will get at least one or two of them per week.

Either that or a Gr.3 Atenza. Or a Honda Civic; or a 458 Gr.4...

Sander 001 likes this.
  20. ThruxtonGT

ThruxtonGT

A9A395AA-6AF0-4AD1-B373-A45065260BE3.gif

VBR likes this.
  21. ASH32

ASH32

I actually have two of this car. If only I could gift one to someone missing it. :(