some questions before buying :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xsv- Paco
  • 7 comments
  • 445 views
Messages
35
Hi everyone, im just new o the community, im a owner of a ps2 with gt3 over about a week :D so, i've discovered the game pretty late... always played on pc like; Sega gt f1 2002, sporscar gt live for speed and so on..
now i have a couple of questions, it seems hard to get any info about that, so im leaving couple of quesions and will be pleased if someone can answer that ;)
- the sound; if you tune your ride, is it noticeble in its sound? (louder turbo and different sound when shifting gear??)
like sega gt had this and i hoped gt3 also :)
-tuning.. what can you tune about it? exept ride height and so on.. turbo's transsmissions?
is it hard to play with a pad? how many cars do you own and whats your top speed? favorite car?
and if someone knows a descent website where all the cars can be previewed?
well, very thanks for reading and replying.
nice day and greetings to ya all! :b

edit; well maybe this is not the right question here (li'll annoying).. but i cant get the info anywhere else..
greetings
 
Welcome and enjoy this great game! To answer your questions:
-Yes the sound does change. You can hear the gears change faster with better transmission. You can hear the turbo kick in better. There are probably other little things that you can hear too that I can't think of right now.
-Tuning is such a detailed topic, and any answer I give will be incomplete. You can tune virtually everything: suspension, ride height, gear ratios, differentials, brakes, stablizers. Check out the tuning and settings board for a much better answer.
-If by pad you mean analog stick than no. Once you get used to it, your control over the car (I think) is a lot better.
-I own 90 or so cars. My favorite is the ZZII. My top speed (not counting the Escudo that can do 2 billion mph, is 260 mph.)
-gamefaqs.com has a few excellent car databases. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/27212.html

Once again welcome and I wish you luck with your GT3 experience.
 
wow, thnx alot, great help! :) i can't wait untill i can play it,
it looks like this game has everything i dreamt off :) hehe well, im very looking forward to it :D again thnx for the great reply.
greetings
 
:) i also got a week vacation that time so i can make a good start, playing the whole week :D skylines & supra's here i come!! :lol:
greets
 
Originally posted by RX-7 Turbo II
Once you start... there's NO WAY BACK!!
U'r addicted as h*ll!!! :cool: 👍

I haven't stopped playing on it since I bought in April 2002. My cousin got it the day it came out 3/4 of a year before me!
 
Well...

The tuning on the cars is just about more detailed than any other game. period.

As for sound, I dont know much beyond the fact that if you go from a NA car to using a stage 2 turbo on that same car, you will notice that turbo in the sound.

The tuning is infinite.

aerodynamics, suspension, transimission, individual gears and overall, brakes, traction control, and tons of individual power levels based on equipment of differnent parts.

The game can be hard to play with a d pad, but thats how I started and I learned how to play just fine.

Fav car... heh, dosnt really matter...

good luck and have fun with the game.
 
IMO, the weakest part of GT3 is actually the sound...
make more variety in the sound for cryin out loud!!!
 
Back