Some questions on the livery editor...

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 10 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Can you save a livery-in-progress to resume working on it later? Or, alternatively, can you save a livery without publishing it online? Like if you didn't want other players to use it for whatever reason? Can you do something similar with custom-made decals, and potentially save a decal/livery solely for your own use?

Can you save a livery-in-progress to resume working on it later?

Yes.

You cannot use it without uploading it, but uploading it does not mean anyone else can access it.

Or, alternatively, can you save a livery without publishing it online?

Yes.

Publishing online equates to 'sharing', if you don't click the share button, no one else can use it.

Like if you didn't want other players to use it for whatever reason?

Yes.

Don't share it with anyone, or you can just share with people on your friends list.

Can you do something similar with custom-made decals, and potentially save a decal/livery solely for your own use?

Yes.

It works very much the same. It's all on the server, but unless you click 'Share' you are the only one that can use them... assuming that you're the one that uploaded it in the first place.

Last edited:
Ah, I think I see. So there's a difference between uploading it online (wherein I'd be able to use it) and actually sharing/publishing it for others to use?

Ah, I think I see. So there's a difference between uploading it online (wherein I'd be able to use it) and actually sharing/publishing it for others to use?

Yes. Whilst you're working on it, it's local to your PS4. When you want to use it, you have to upload it to the servers. No one else can use it until you click on share though.

One thing that has caught people out is thinking they are only sharing a picture of the livery, but they've actually shared the livery itself... to avoid this, don't share anything from your liveries library, or from the livery editor upload screen.

Especially when you get people re-sharing their own crap which I think shouldn't be allowed, If people could only publish things once it would make life so much better and the best stuff wouldn't get lost in amongst the ****heap. :sly:
Sharing your own stuff is lame. I follow a few people who share their own stuff every 24h. I never do it.
Sure, I do think some of my work deserves more attention but I won't force it. I wish there was a better way to discover and browse stuff in-game.

I follow a few people who share their own stuff every 24h.
If they‘re repeat offenders they get an instant-unfollow :dunce: Stop spamming the feeds of people that follow you, others won‘t see the reposts anyway 🤬

If they‘re repeat offenders they get an instant-unfollow :dunce: Stop spamming the feeds of people that follow you, others won‘t see the reposts anyway 🤬
I would too but the thing is one of these guys are great creators, so he's excused! Nismo_470Z for example.
He also reposts good stuff he didn't make. Earlier today he reposted a really good Wedssport livery by @mopeONE for example. :D

Back