Some vage commercials you've seen

  • Thread starter Thread starter Attila_Da_Hun
  • 17 comments
  • 17,386 views
Messages
2,224
What are some confusing very vage commercials you've seen?

Theres one that always gets me

"This coin is the single most valuble coin in the us. Once valued at over 20 million dallors. It was almost destroyed....blah. Then it was kept in the world trade center before then being auctioned off. This clearly is a national treasure. And it can be yours for only $19.95! while supplies last!
 
You're talking abou those ads for ambiguously phoney products that gullible morons spend the credit card company's money on.

It's vague.
 
My favorite ones are ads for prescription drugs that only mention what the brand name is, and the possible side effects, and urge you to ask your doctor it might be for you, yet give no actual information whatsoever concerning what the drug is, does, or is supposed to treat.

They're always accompanied by video of people in rays of sunshine, doing wholesome things together. But all generic people and generically wholesome things; never anything identifiable enough to give you a clue.

Like I'm going to write down 27 brand names in a list, and at my next physical, say, "Hey, Doc, should we be looking into Zoloft/Xanatec/Percocel/Claritoson/Veetec/whatever for me?"
 
Adverts that i hate the most have to got to be these "no win no fee" Claims direct mofo's. This is the reason that people get sued over stupid things.And if you do win ya case I guarantee there taking 85% of your winnings!

Also hate Diahorrea adverts. Always come on when I'm eating
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
My favorite ones are ads for prescription drugs that only mention what the brand name is, and the possible side effects, and urge you to ask your doctor it might be for you, yet give no actual information whatsoever concerning what the drug is, does, or is supposed to treat.

They're always accompanied by video of people in rays of sunshine, doing wholesome things together. But all generic people and generically wholesome things; never anything identifiable enough to give you a clue.

Like I'm going to write down 27 brand names in a list, and at my next physical, say, "Hey, Doc, should we be looking into Zoloft/Xanatec/Percocel/Claritoson/Veetec/whatever for me?"

that's for legal reasons. if they told what the drug is used for, people will ask for it specifically while NOT knowing if it's right for them. then the doctor might feel obliged to prescribe it thinking it's ok because of *similar* symptoms.

but yea, those have to be the weirdest, most vague commercials around...except for viagra. EVERYBODY can tell the guy is tryin like he got some :p
 
Originally posted by pimpin_t
Also hate Diahorrea adverts. Always come on when I'm eating

what's worse is the adult diaper or the laxative or the hemeroid cream ads while eating. have u seen the new metamucil one? that's just disgusting...it made me laugh, but still disgusting
 
The "chaser" drug one makes me laugh. Its a drug that says it will stop hangovers.
"chaser absorbs hangover causing toxins like a sponge!"

you really have to see it first and then you'll see what i mean.
 
uh... McDonald's commercials, "this is your life or some crap"? what the hell does that have to do with Fast food?

Nick:banghead:

I miss that nextel Romeo and Juliet play summary. :(
 
The "Lovin' It" McDonalds ads piss me off. All these skinny model types gorging themselves on Big Macs.

Any feminine hygene ad is gross. I do not want to constantly be reminded of menstruation, nor do I want to see television's futile attempt to make it light blue and sexy.

Mitsubishi ads. They're just music videoa that give a glance or two at the car.

Cadillac ads. I'm so sick of the god damned song.
 
The only ads that are not bad are denis leary ads. like the where he beats the **** of a rental car engine with a crowbar in that oil commercial.
 
Any ad that shows a jumble of quickly-flashing unrelated images, distorted with extra color and lighting to make reality appear even better than the real thing.
 
Not vague adds but crap and annoying ones...

Tenna lady towels (for ladies that pee their knickers) you can go to the beach with them or drink a glass of water even! wow! why not just call them 'pampers for women'

McDonalds..." things that make you go Mmmm " what an annoying song!

I hate the claims direct and all them kid of adds too...
and I hate it when I get approached while shopping and get asked "have you had an accident in the last 5 years? we can help" ... yeah help by ****ing off out of my face thankyou, before you accidently fall down them esculators. They wont take no for an answer, retards :irked: I hate leechers who sue others for their own stupid mistakes :mad:

Flash cleaner.. the guy in the pinny doing all the cleaning with is bottle of flash liquid, yeah right :rolleyes:
 
Informercials 👎

I mean, I drive with no oil in my engine dont you? I always spill wine, mayo, ink and blood on my carpets at the same time, dont you?


I really like it when they show these ab-gymnic things being used on ripped people who dont need them. they never try the things out on joe Soap, who is flabby and out-of-shape.
 
Originally posted by Mike Rotch
Informercials 👎

I mean, I drive with no oil in my engine dont you? I always spill wine, mayo, ink and blood on my carpets at the same time, dont you?


I really like it when they show these ab-gymnic things being used on ripped people who dont need them. they never try the things out on joe Soap, who is flabby and out-of-shape.

What human would wanna masturbate to a flabby out of shape woman? :lol: :p

yeah, that was gross, but anyways. I don't like any commercial, even the dennis leary commercial isn't for me. The only one's I don't mind are the ones that get straight to the point, no gimmicks.
 
Have any of you bought something that was advertised on TV? I haven't yet.

That Juiceman Juicer thing looks pretty good, though. My brother bought one, and the thing works pretty good. It's been around for what, 7 years now? It must be pretty good product to last that long. But we don't need one; we already have a juicer. And yes it's true, carrot and apple juice does taste great.

I've never seen any of the things that Popeil guy sells last longer than one year. His stuff is pure garbage for idiots.
 
I seen one advertising a game that was good. I was some multiplayer 3d combat minnion thing and there is this group of kids playing. All the kids are at different houses and were playing though a network and all of a sudden one of the kids in the group just starts shooting everybody and killing them. The kids buddies he was playing with are like "jester, what the!?" "im out" "im out to" "jester what are you doing!?" Then it shows the jester kid turned away from his game staring at to babes rubbing oil on themselves next to a pool.


Have you guys seen that one italways makes me laugh.
 
Those obviously scripted ads with the fake american accents.
 
Originally posted by Attila_Da_Hun
I seen one advertising a game that was good. I was some multiplayer 3d combat minnion thing and there is this group of kids playing. All the kids are at different houses and were playing though a network and all of a sudden one of the kids in the group just starts shooting everybody and killing them. The kids buddies he was playing with are like "jester, what the!?" "im out" "im out to" "jester what are you doing!?" Then it shows the jester kid turned away from his game staring at to babes rubbing oil on themselves next to a pool.


Have you guys seen that one italways makes me laugh.

Same here. It's because of that black kid. The way he hits "What's the deal, dude?" It just sounds soo damn funny.
 
Back