Someone can do this circuit ? I don't have the app.

• Thread starter Nolas91
  • 17 comments
on the way ... gonna sip some madiera, then finish up

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/motorotoloco/course/1291335/

i-M9cr9NR-XL.png

what is the line through this kink? is this correct?

i-L3Dncr5-XL.jpg

Last edited:
You have to cut the first hairpin after (more slower) and the next hairpin earlier (you exit the corner faster). It's the opposite of the line (in the image).

Last edited:
Great work @bokimoto

May i suggest you modify slightly the 5 corner ( the corner before the kink )

I think it should not hang so much on the right.... It probably should either center or even a tad to the left before making the right turn...

I think that would flow better.

Is this 1:1?

Many thanks and thanks.
Awesome work!!

"May i suggest you modify slightly the 5 corner ( the corner before the kink )

I think it should not hang so much on the right.... It probably should either center or even a tad to the left before making the right turn...

I think that would flow better.

Is this 1:1?"

thanx for the suggestion
unfortunately, to preserve a 1:1 scale of track width, those two sections of track are too close to one another for the track editor to reproduce

i tried to preserve the curvature and dynamic within that limitation
when you look at the image overlay, it is obviously hanging right of the satellite image, but when you drive it, it feels ok to me
sometimes i can 'split the difference' by pushing the other lane over, but in this case i liked that previous turn and line too much, to mess with it

thanks, tho .... if Bolaites has driven the real track, perhaps after he drives this, he could say whether it could use some adjustment
i'm not attached to it the way it is, they are easy to tweak

Last edited:
this view shows the blue zones as close as they are permitted

blue zones constitute the track borders and armco barrier
the are often a limitation for reproducing tight radius turns, and places where the track folds back & passes itself closely
i-fc6nc9R-XL.png

Thanks @bokimoto
I can see you did great quality work there.

Thanks for replying ;)

I forgot about the closeness of the corners there.
I agree with you that the first corner you did is great! No complain there. And yeah i do not think you should or alter it.

But for the corner i was talking about,i am not sure if you did a "decrease radius" already.

If you didnt,i think you can make it even closer to the left to allow for a faster exiting corner speed by going left on this right hand ;)

No matter if you decide to change it or not , i WILL DOWNLOAD your track tonite... I really like what you did there!!

Thanks to you and @Bolaites for the suggestion.

OMG! Deja vu! .... i have done a bunch of laps on mine, and now seeing this video, i am astonished at how well course maker worked with this one ... i 'knew' it, watching the video, as if i'd driven there

that corner 5 is just fine ... i will study this video and double-check placement of kerbs(can't make um blue & white, sorry), and i will try to mimic some trees or landmarks that show in photos and that vid ... this is a good one

thanx

btw, when you drive it, you will notice the virtual kink is very 'gentle' compared to actual

this is as tight as it will get with this version of the software

this line of the track follows the actual driving line very closely, there,
but driving the real road, it is fooking tight,
because the driving line cuts from one edge of the track to the other edge

even though my track's line is about the same as the real driving line,
it's the center line of my track that follows the real driving line,
so ... since there is no challenge, if you follow the center of the tarmac,
pushing the limits, the driving line on my track is gentler and faster

i hope updates to course maker give us more detailed capabilities

i think those words make the sense i meant them to

this view shows the blue zones as close as they are permitted

blue zones constitute the track borders and armco barrier
the are often a limitation for reproducing tight radius turns, and places where the track folds back & passes itself closely
i-fc6nc9R-XL.png
Longer Bezier grab and those overlap like this:
Screenshot_2015-10-08-07-19-46.png

explain, please :)
Use long curve pieces and bend them on right shape, drop anchor to lock bended curve, and if not overlapping use dropped anchor for fine tuning. Overlap locks entire curve, anchor cuts locked area.
Edit: don't use anchor if not needed.
demo_line.png

demo_tag.png

Last edited:
Back