Someone may have already asked this ?

United States
St. Cloud, Florida
aracefan
I have a Dreamcast and have been wanting to get GT2 and Bleemcast for it.

Does anyone have it and is good/bad? Does the memory card for the DC work well with the game? What kind of problems have you had, if any?

Thanks in advance :)

If this has already been discussed could you point to the right thread, please.

Yes, bleemcast is the only way I'll play GT2. I like it better than GT3 now. The framerate is higher, the graphics are better, it's great. The only downside is the text in the car info is harder to read.

Anyway, what you haver to do is dedicate a VMU to bleemcast GT2. I have one of the Sega 4X cars so it's not too bad, you can probably pick one of those up for $10-$15 now. VMU's are pretty cheap.

The only problems I have is lack of analog gas/brake. I like using the DC controller for now but it GT2 won't recognize the analog triggers as analog, though you can still use them for digital gas/brake. You can get adapters for the PSX controllers, and supposedly set the controller to 'racing wheel' setting to work proerply, but my adapter won't let me do that.

Anyway it's still lots of fun, and the best GT you'll play.

Originally posted by B Campbell
Yes, bleemcast is the only way I'll play GT2. I like it better than GT3 now. The framerate is higher, the graphics are better, it's great. The only downside is the text in the car info is harder to read.

Anyway, what you haver to do is dedicate a VMU to bleemcast GT2. I have one of the Sega 4X cars so it's not too bad, you can probably pick one of those up for $10-$15 now. VMU's are pretty cheap.

The only problems I have is lack of analog gas/brake. I like using the DC controller for now but it GT2 won't recognize the analog triggers as analog, though you can still use them for digital gas/brake. You can get adapters for the PSX controllers, and supposedly set the controller to 'racing wheel' setting to work proerply, but my adapter won't let me do that.

Anyway it's still lots of fun, and the best GT you'll play.

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to give it a try.

I agree with Campbell, it's a great way to play GT2, and makes a real difference in the game! :eek: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Jordan
I agree with Campbell, it's a great way to play GT2, and makes a real difference in the game! :eek: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jordan, :thumbsup:

The more positives I hear from the experts here at GTPlanet the more sure of a product I am. I'm going to order it from EBWorld this week. No EB here in town and Software ETC. doesn't carry it. :mad:

Once you get it, I would reccomend trying to find an adapter that lets you use a dual shock controller with full analog. I was so used to analog gas that I'm still getting used to not having it, and it's tough in the high-po cars. I've recently been playing with the LSD settings and it helps keep the cars stable where I would otherwise modulate the throttle, but it's not the same! waaah... anywya, don't get the cheap $10 one from LevelSix, that's what I have and it doesn't work.

Good Luck!

The only problem I've has is the game freezes when trying to choose a rally car in Arcade mode. Everything else works perfect,even minor adjustents to the transmission or suspension work perfect. Memory card function is perfect too. It is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Latest Posts

Back