Someone please confirm that there are tire marks visable on the track

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTFire
  • 11 comments
  • 1,699 views
Messages
1
This has been a big let down for the 3 previous versions. GT4 talks about being the more realistic driving simulator, yet out of all this we can't get tire marks on the track. Someone who has a copy please confirm that there are or are not tire marks.
 
GTFire
This has been a big let down for the 3 previous versions. GT4 talks about being the more realistic driving simulator, yet out of all this we can't get tire marks on the track. Someone who has a copy please confirm that there are or are not tire marks.

Sorry to have to let you down again, but tiremarks are not included in the game.
 
I don't really mind the lack of tire marks on the courses, in all the games I've seen them it wasn't done in a very realistic way anyway.
 
Nope, tire marks are not included. Kinda like batteries for most gizmos, except you cant purchase these seperatly.
 
usernamed
The PS2 can't handle it.

Combined with everything else the game is doing, you're probably right.

Not to mention that skid marks only appear when either you lock the brakes or do a burnout.. neither of which are done in the course of normal racing. It takes many cars over many laps to begin to leave any traces of rubber on a corner. Leaving black skid marks anytime you hear the slightest squeal from the tires (i.e. Forza) simply isn't realistic.
 
I also was waiting for skid marks in GT4, but I find it in GT5... maybe.
 
GTFire
This has been a big let down for the 3 previous versions. GT4 talks about being the more realistic driving simulator, yet out of all this we can't get tire marks on the track. Someone who has a copy please confirm that there are or are not tire marks.

Yes, tyre marks are on the tracks.

But they are permanent.

Some of them show where you are likely to Skid off, and lead into churned up areas of Grass, where you run off the track :D

But no, you cannot lay down new tyre marks.
 
Igo
I also was waiting for skid marks in GT4, but I find it in GT5... maybe.

The only skid marks are the ones in you will leave in you underwear as you do 370km/h on the nurb! :sick:
 
I think it needs a lot of ram to do that. And seeing GT4 on PS2, I think it has already use up all the max power a PS2 can give. GT5 would have to be on PS3 then:)
 
real time tire marks are definitely more of a GT5/PS3 thing. Speaking of next gen additions,
since it seems pretty likely that there'll be damage in GT5 I wonder if they'll have to dramatically reduce the numbers of cars in the game since it'll take a LOT of work to realistically model that,
which they say they'd like to do. Granted they also said there'd be online play so maybe things'll
go to hell again with manufacturers not wanting to scare away customers but I can dream for now...
 
Back