Someone Please Help Me Run In Dual PS2 Mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter Juker008
  • 3 comments
  • 463 views
Messages
5
Over the weekend I tried to work with a friend of mine that has another PS2 and GT4. Well after trying ourselves to try to get the two systems to link up and spending 2 hours we finially resorted to the internet.

What we found was that it required certain parameters to be inputed into each PS2 to get them to sinc up. I mean WTF there isn't even an explination in the booklet on how to sync up both systems.

Anyway the ohter thing that we fould was that we needed a C5 cable, which we ended up going out and buying the very next day.

We have tried what has ammounted to what we believe, EVERYTHING. We even got to the point were the screens would change to a different image, one that also said "waiting for connection" from the image that was there before.

Does someone have a sure fire exlination for WTF is going wrong. Can someone help me mediate this problem?



Juker008
 
Welcome to GT Planet! Enjoy your stay. 👍

Firstly, calm down a little. ;)

Secondly, please read this Acceptable Use Policy, especially the 3rd bullet point from the bottom, and then edit your thread title appropriately. :) Use the "Edit" button at the bottom of your first post to do this.

Thirdly, and this is what you've been waiting for, click on the "search this forum" tab at the top of this message board. Enter "networking" as your search term and click "search". You'll find links to many, many threads that cover this setup procedure.
Also look in the Miscellaneous section of LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU ASK – Many FAQs

Enjoy your head-to-head racing! :cheers:
 
Smallhorses
Welcome to GT Planet! Enjoy your stay. 👍

Firstly, calm down a little. ;)

Secondly, please read this Acceptable Use Policy, especially the 3rd bullet point from the bottom, and then edit your thread title appropriately. :) Use the "Edit" button at the bottom of your first post to do this.

Thirdly, and this is what you've been waiting for, click on the "search this forum" tab at the top of this message board. Enter "networking" as your search term and click "search". You'll find links to many, many threads that cover this setup procedure.
Also look in the Miscellaneous section of LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU ASK – Many FAQs

Enjoy your head-to-head racing! :cheers:


Wow, lol, I didn't know that this forum was that strick on abriviations. No prob, but like my other forums I can't edit my title. I guess only and Admin can do so.

Alright I'll check networking. Honstly I tried doing a search 1st, but didn't try networking. TNX I'll do that.

BTW thanks for a warming welcome. Also why is it that I can't view fastest lap times. Is it because I'm fresh and don't have enough posts? I would love to see if my Sauber Mercedes (GT4) in Nurburing did a 5:20. I would really like to see how that compares to others. Especially when I have another friend that did the same but at 5:05 .



Juker008
 
Unfortunately the laptimes database access glitch is a curious one, it seems some people can get in there and others can't though no-one is sure why!

Jordan, the owner and operator of GT Planet is looking into fixing this, but just keeping the huge site here running is probably enough to give him a headache daily, so I guess you'll have to be patient and wait for it to be fixed.

This thread from a couple of days ago shows you aren't the only one currently having this issue. :ouch:

Juker008
No prob, but like my other forums I can't edit my title. I guess only and Admin can do so.

Ooops, sorry 'bout that, it's a little more tricky in GTP8 than it used to be on GTP6.
You can do it, here's how....
Click on the "Edit" button at the bottom of your first post.
Now click the "Go Advanced" button. (I forgot about this bit. :dunce: Sorry :guilty: )
You'll now be able to edit the thread title, and will have access to all the usual tools you see when you first make a post, like the ability to insert links, and add attachments. You can even add a "Reason for Editing" if you like. :)

The reason things get strict on abbreviations and slang is that GTP is a huge multi-national forum, many of the members aren't native English speakers, so it's encouraged to use proper English, punctuation and grammar to make it easy for everyone to understand. :D
People don't tend to learn English in "txt slng" terms. ;)

Once again, enjoy your time here. :cheers:
 
Back