Something Has Got To Be DonePS4 

• Thread starter TT92
  • 29 comments

TT92

Premium
Australia
WA
TT__777
Something has got to be done about 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 ing people that can jump starts in online lobbies. Just have a look at this quick video of my wrecked race.

Just watch the red car coming in my rear view mirror.

I spent 15 minutes and managed to drag my car onto the front row to only be smashed into the wall before the race even starts. I have no control, I can do nothing, until the race starts. Instead of being first to the first corner I was last.

Come on Kunos, fix this fiasco. While you are at it how about also fixing the way cars are just dropped onto the grid from a great height and can sometimes roll away from their grid spot.:banghead:

Something has got to be done about 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 ing people that can jump starts in online lobbies. Just have a look at this quick video of my wrecked race.

Come on Kunos, fix this fiasco. While you are at it how about also fixing the way cars are just dropped onto the grid from a great height and can sometimes roll away from their grid spot.:banghead:

Yes, that is irritating but tapping the brake stops it.

I think they know about this issue because it's not rare at all! It happens like every other online race for me!
Happened twice to me (being able to go before lights) and watched it happen lots of times!

It's happened to me too. There's a thread called 'False Start' on the official forums where someone else complains about it. Don't think it's in the bug report section though and not many people have replied.

I should add, I have seen lots of jumped starts and I have a couple of times even been able to drive off (but I don't). What I am concerned about in my video is that what if these people are starting a new trend and are going to smash up the grid on the way through because it is some sort of perverted fun :-(

I just can't believe the sense of helplessness and frustration this left me with. There is just nothing you can do to stop it.

I should add, I have seen lots of jumped starts and I have a couple of times even been able to drive off (but I don't). What I am concerned about in my video is that what if these people are starting a new trend and are going to smash up the grid on the way through because it is some sort of perverted fun :-(

I just can't believe the sense of helplessness and frustration this left me with. There is just nothing you can do to stop it.
Got that link to your thread or post on the official forums yet?

From my understanding, this is neither new nor uncommon.

Seems a strange way for a dev to really push the idea of a game being a hot lap simulator! :P

Sounds like net lag. Some see the info from the server while other's don't. When a player sees it he goes and then crashes into a player that has not received the signal yet. Online gaming is full of this. You should try flight sims ;)

Sounds like net lag. Online gaming is full of this.

This was super common in my GT5/6 days but I pretty much never encounter it on PC, thankfully.

Goose dies.

I miss Goose. :(

raw

Sounds like net lag. Some see the info from the server while other's don't. When a player sees it he goes and then crashes into a player that has not received the signal yet. Online gaming is full of this. You should try flight sims ;)

As I said I have actually had it happen to me where I can drive off the grid before the start. It only occurs when I join a lobby very late, when the countdown has started and I have been caught in the pits trying to put a tune on my car.

IMHO it has nothing to do with lag, it has to do with the game not locking a car to the grid when the countdown timer has started. All Kunos would need to do is disallow players to join so close to a race start.

I have even joined a game that late and seen the cars disappear around turn 1 and I have just appeared on the grid! :-(

So lag no, long load times yes.

As I said I have actually had it happen to me where I can drive off the grid before the start. It only occurs when I join a lobby very late, when the countdown has started and I have been caught in the pits trying to put a tune on my car.

IMHO it has nothing to do with lag, it has to do with the game not locking a car to the grid when the countdown timer has started. All Kunos would need to do is disallow players to join so close to a race start.

I have even joined a game that late and seen the cars disappear around turn 1 and I have just appeared on the grid! :-(

So lag no, long load times yes.
Well,truth be told, Australia has some pretty terrible Internet. So chances are its lag.
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/10/australias-broadband-satisfaction-has-hit-rock-bottom/
That's why I usually avoid playing with people from the bottom 5 countries.

Just watch the red car coming in my rear view mirror.

I spent 15 minutes and managed to drag my car onto the front row to only be smashed into the wall before the race even starts. I have no control, I can do nothing, until the race starts. Instead of being first to the first corner I was last.

Well as Ricky Bobby would say,if your not first,your last.

Well,truth be told, Australia has some pretty terrible Internet.
Absolutely agree. That is the trouble with a big place and a small population.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/10/australias-broadband-satisfaction-has-hit-rock-bottom/

I do disagree, for the reasons I stated in my other post.

How do you tell? On PS4 I only see Ping times. With GT5/6 we used to get a little country flag displayed so we knew where they were from. I should also add Ping Time is separate to latency which is lag.

Here is my latest speed test. I should add I am on the fastest plan available in my area and I cannot get optical fibre to my home. I am on FTTN (Fibre to the Node) so only the last few metres are copper.

Speedtest.png

This still gives me <Faster than 93% of Australia> BTW I pay for a 100mbps down and a 40mbps up plan and that is what I would get *IF* I actually had fibre to my home :-( So please don't tell how bad our internet is in Oz and how we are being ripped off.

I should add that the stats get skewed when most people are only on a basic plan from their ISP usually only a 25/10mbps capped plan.

I have done already.

see below.
Speedtests all over the World.pdf
If your playing with someone that has terrible Internet,they can lag out the room. Nothing you can do. I dont even attempt the first row in public lobbies,sorry,but your asking for it IMHO. You really can't tell like GT5/6. I read some where, to stay in low ping rooms that are listed in the lobbies.

I remember seeing someone join a lobby with 1100 ping. It was very off putting seeing the car driving sideways everywhere.

If your playing with someone that has terrible Internet,they can lag out the room. Nothing you can do. I dont even attempt the first row in public lobbies,sorry,but your asking for it IMHO. You really can't tell like GT5/6. I read some where, to stay in low ping rooms that are listed in the lobbies.

Yes, I agree, if someone is showing bad lag I usually leave the room. I have also found that the Room ping has very little to do with the quality of the people in it. I have been in low ping rooms and the lag has been terrible.

I have generally found AC online to quite lag free. Unfortunately, not idiot free :-(

My start strategy is to to try and start on the front row. I find if I can dodge the mayhem on the first corner it can then be a good race. If I start on the back row (because of late joining) I always have a great view of the first turn inevitable pile up and can usually finish 1st or second. Second is if the pole sitter gets around the turn cleanly then he just disappears (like I try and do). Starting last, dodging the pile up and missing the ricochets just gives away too much time to anyone with any skill from the front two rows, from what I have found.

Bring on Private Lobbies. At least then, if you are running a public room (like GT5/6) anyone with lag you can ask to leave (sometimes assisted with the kick button). If a start is jumped or there is a pile up at turn 1 the room owner can kick the offender and re-start the race.

its just simple physic, even with the best best internet of the world u cant play without lag. lightspeed is the limit. aussis cant play with europe. distance to high! play with people from your country or continent.

Well,truth be told, Australia has some pretty terrible Internet. So chances are its lag.

HAHAHAHAAHHA good thing the list doesn't go on... Lebanon would be probably rock bottom globaly! My connection is a 1mbps ultrasonic internet with blazing short pings of up to 500ms!
But honestly, I'm playing online and no one ever complained nor did I! (I mean assetto corsa; on battlefield 1 it's horrible).

Absolutely agree. That is the trouble with a big place and a small population.

I do disagree, for the reasons I stated in my other post.

How do you tell? On PS4 I only see Ping times. With GT5/6 we used to get a little country flag displayed so we knew where they were from. I should also add Ping Time is separate to latency which is lag.

Here is my latest speed test. I should add I am on the fastest plan available in my area and I cannot get optical fibre to my home. I am on FTTN (Fibre to the Node) so only the last few metres are copper.

View attachment 626188
This still gives me <Faster than 93% of Australia> BTW I pay for a 100mbps down and a 40mbps up plan and that is what I would get *IF* I actually had fibre to my home :-( So please don't tell how bad our internet is in Oz and how we are being ripped off.

I should add that the stats get skewed when most people are only on a basic plan from their ISP usually only a 25/10mbps capped plan.

That's considerably more than what I get (I'm around 23down and 4up) so I'd say your Australian internet is just fine. I have a buddy in Australia I race with on occasion and never had any problems with him lagging or anything, so it's not an automatic that people from Oz are going to have horrible lag when racing with people on other continents.

That's considerably more than what I get (I'm around 23down and 4up) so I'd say your Australian internet is just fine. I have a buddy in Australia I race with on occasion and never had any problems with him lagging or anything, so it's not an automatic that people from Oz are going to have horrible lag when racing with people on other continents.

I don't think really low ping is as crucial as say shooters. Granted it helps and is preferred but its not as brutal compared to the likes of shooters. With a high ping you could shoot someone but they've left your view while on yours they could still be in your crosshair. The same for peeking around walls for snipers.

Back