something I discovered

  • Thread starter Thread starter polpol3214
  • 4 comments
  • 878 views
Messages
69
Philippines
BACOLOD CITY
Messages
polpol3214
i was trying to win the like the wind ... then i was using the audi R18 TDI 15th anniversary... i adjust the top speed to 270 then i joined.... 1st race I loosed... the ferrari fxx , bugatti veyron and gt concept are always in front. 2nd race i win.. i discovered than when i am in the rear of another car my speed increases to 260 then 270 but if i try to overtake them my speed reduces to 230...can someone explain it to me?? PLEASE DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ME IF I DONT KNOW IT YET. THANKS .. BY THE WAY IS IT WORTH TO BUY A FERRARI FXX?
 
i was trying to win the like the wind ... then i was using the audi R18 TDI 15th anniversary... i adjust the top speed to 270 then i joined.... 1st race I loosed... the ferrari fxx , bugatti veyron and gt concept are always in front. 2nd race i win.. i discovered than when i am in the rear of another car my speed increases to 260 then 270 but if i try to overtake them my speed reduces to 230...can someone explain it to me?? PLEASE DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ME IF I DONT KNOW IT YET. THANKS .. BY THE WAY IS IT WORTH TO BUY A FERRARI FXX?

It's called a slipstream or draft. If you want I can go into further detail about it.
 
It is called drafting, when you are behind another car you will experience less air resistance, that is why you are suddenly going faster. It happens in real life too. It is just that the air is thinner behind another car, as soon as you overtake them your engine needs to use the same power to "make a hole" through the thicker air and that´s why you lose speed.

On gt5 this effect was quite unrealisticaly strong.
 
I think the draft is set to strong in career races.
Also an R18 has lots of downforce, something that will enhance the effect of stepping out of the draft.
 
Watch the movie Days of Thunder with tom cruise.
 
Back