Something I Don't Understand???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Coldon66
  • 14 comments
  • 925 views
Messages
100
Messages
bullyson666
How come with the Gran Turismo Stealth Ford GT LM Spec II Test car I can do 5 laps of the Indy track without pressing the brake once, however, with my other Ford GT cars which have more horsepower (in the case of the Ford GT '06 plate) and the soft, sticky race tyres the brake must be applied to take the bends on this simple track.

I use the Stealth Ford GT to win 117,000 regularly in about the 4 minute mark, so it is a good way to make simple cash/credits.

The other Ford GT cars I have area the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (with almost the same HP as the Stealth) and the Ford GT '06 plate car with soft race tyres. However, the Stealth GT handles and sticks to that track like a dream... anyone know how this is?? Can't be because of the other car's increase in HP compared to the Stealth as the Spec II Race Car HP is comparable to the Stealth as I said.

??
 
Sounds like aerodynamic differences to me. Downforce is an amazing thing.
 
Horsepower to meassure the cornering ability of a car?

It's called downforce. That massive wing the spec II has is for more than just show up.
 
"Something I don't understand" is not a question.
 
I thought stealth car were supposed to be a tiny bit faster than the usual model ? Or at least have a special tuning on them.

Did you try to check the setting betwen the steal and the LM spec II model ?
 
LM Spec II is a race car in game, with full assortment of front and rear downforce adjustment. The road car can't be modded to be like that...
 
That's not a Stealth car, it's just black. That doesn't mean it's stealth.
 
How come with the Gran Turismo Stealth Ford GT LM Spec II Test car I can do 5 laps of the Indy track without pressing the brake once, however, with my other Ford GT cars which have more horsepower (in the case of the Ford GT '06 plate) and the soft, sticky race tyres the brake must be applied to take the bends on this simple track.

I use the Stealth Ford GT to win 117,000 regularly in about the 4 minute mark, so it is a good way to make simple cash/credits.

The other Ford GT cars I have area the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (with almost the same HP as the Stealth) and the Ford GT '06 plate car with soft race tyres. However, the Stealth GT handles and sticks to that track like a dream... anyone know how this is?? Can't be because of the other car's increase in HP compared to the Stealth as the Spec II Race Car HP is comparable to the Stealth as I said.

??

Um, if this is American Champs Indy, its not possible cos' its done by Gran Turismo and therefore is Japanese.
 
Thanks to the people with sensible replies. I wasn't saying that HP differences could affect cornering abilities - I'm not that stupid!!

I take on board about the downforce issue. However, both the Stealth and the GT Race Car Spec II have large rear wings/spoilers, so who knows. Perhaps the Stealth has better spec suspension or something like that.
 
Go into the cars setting then and raise the downforce values.
 
Um, if this is American Champs Indy, its not possible cos' its done by Gran Turismo and therefore is Japanese.

I definitely use the Stealth GT to grind cash in the Indy, Extreme Series, American Championship. Have just been grinding on that Indy track as we speak. 117,000 in 4 minutes without applying the brake at all - guaranteed win every time, just don't press the brakes at all!!
 
Sorry to be pedantic here, but as said already: It's not a stealth car.
It's just black carbon.
 
Also, rear toe and camber settings could be the deal, but they normally don't have that much of an affect.
 
Back