- 743

- USA
Another thing I noticed yesterday. I was using the 787b with stage 3 turbo. Baddest computer car on the grid was the always fast 01 Audi R8. Even with the stage 3 turbo in the 787b my Bob, in max blue zone, is almost 2 secs a sector slower than the R8 in the max blue zone so coaching is necessary to win with the 787b. So I coached and got to a 2 lap lead [bout 3 hrs during rain]. I passed it in the pits to get those laps on it. All my Bobs are level 40.
Now I later tried to add a 3rd lap while racing. My Bobs at max red zone coming up hard on R8 in max blue zone. I let Bob try to pass and he does. Now all of a sudden, almost immediately, the R8 turns into the X1. It repasses me while the driver is only about mid way between the max blue zone and neutral mark. Remember Im at max red zone and the R8 then pulls away without matching my red zone pace let alone not even at the neutral marker, still in his blue zone. Also this goes on for about 2 Ring laps and my tires are shot but his are ok and his milage didnt dip as much as mine though we were duking it out for 2 long hard laps. I found that weird as his car didnt seem to lose much tire or milage while mine got depleted badly.
So I retry again with fresh tires and he is halfway on his tires. My driver is full strength there driver is pretty good but not as full. Same thing happens but this time I stay on him a bit better but he still pulls away. When I check real time sector numbers I was shocked. He was doing my max red zone sector times at barely past its drivers neutral mark. Thats not all my sector times were slower than my previous laps by almost 2 secs. What happened to my driver? He fell all the way back by about 15 seconds even while Im max red zoning him. Never saw this happen before. He cant be tired as his is nearly full strength and on fresh tires etc. This was repeated everytime I tried to pass him during racing. I gave up as it made my driver so slow that even Audi R10 TDi and GT1 were giving me trouble until the R8 got far enough away that Bob started driving good again.
Did PD tweak the AI to do this with the last update? As I said Ive done 12 of these races and this behavior was not there before. Im wondering if its the 787B because I used to destroy the R8 with my Peugeot 908 with ease before the last update. Maybe Ill retry it with the Peugeot and see if this happens to it too. BTW I ended up winning with the 787b by 8 laps, passing in the pits for all but 1 where the Audi X1 ran into another car. Sucks to suffer from insomnia but at least I had a little fun even with the sandy eyes.
BTW it does add the feeling that you are in a dog fight lol. Its cheap programming but it does make you feel like you are in a race kinda. Until it gets old after a few laps.
Now I later tried to add a 3rd lap while racing. My Bobs at max red zone coming up hard on R8 in max blue zone. I let Bob try to pass and he does. Now all of a sudden, almost immediately, the R8 turns into the X1. It repasses me while the driver is only about mid way between the max blue zone and neutral mark. Remember Im at max red zone and the R8 then pulls away without matching my red zone pace let alone not even at the neutral marker, still in his blue zone. Also this goes on for about 2 Ring laps and my tires are shot but his are ok and his milage didnt dip as much as mine though we were duking it out for 2 long hard laps. I found that weird as his car didnt seem to lose much tire or milage while mine got depleted badly.
So I retry again with fresh tires and he is halfway on his tires. My driver is full strength there driver is pretty good but not as full. Same thing happens but this time I stay on him a bit better but he still pulls away. When I check real time sector numbers I was shocked. He was doing my max red zone sector times at barely past its drivers neutral mark. Thats not all my sector times were slower than my previous laps by almost 2 secs. What happened to my driver? He fell all the way back by about 15 seconds even while Im max red zoning him. Never saw this happen before. He cant be tired as his is nearly full strength and on fresh tires etc. This was repeated everytime I tried to pass him during racing. I gave up as it made my driver so slow that even Audi R10 TDi and GT1 were giving me trouble until the R8 got far enough away that Bob started driving good again.
Did PD tweak the AI to do this with the last update? As I said Ive done 12 of these races and this behavior was not there before. Im wondering if its the 787B because I used to destroy the R8 with my Peugeot 908 with ease before the last update. Maybe Ill retry it with the Peugeot and see if this happens to it too. BTW I ended up winning with the 787b by 8 laps, passing in the pits for all but 1 where the Audi X1 ran into another car. Sucks to suffer from insomnia but at least I had a little fun even with the sandy eyes.
BTW it does add the feeling that you are in a dog fight lol. Its cheap programming but it does make you feel like you are in a race kinda. Until it gets old after a few laps.
Last edited: