Something is bothering me quite a bit with Gran Turismo 6.

• Thread starter JoseBaiona
  • 9 comments
JoseBaiona
Is there anyway, to make the game have more AA? GT5 looks better than GT6, i get that but is there a way to even impact the performance so those ugly jaggies that ruin the experience for me go away?

I've tried Sharpen, Flicker Reduction and honestly i see no difference, if someone could tell me the one that removes the aliasing from the game (or helps at least) i would gladly appreciate.

So far i'm loving the game, it is indeed better than GT5 but these jaggies are killing me.

Last edited:
Only thing I know that makes it seem a little smoother, at least for me anyways, is to set the video settings max resolution on the ps3 menu to 720p

Is there anyway, to make the game have more AA? GT5 looks better than GT6, i get that but is there a way to even impact the performance so those ugly jaggies that ruin the experience for me go away?

I've tried Sharpen, Flicker Reduction and honestly i see no difference, if someone could tell me the one that removes the aliasing from the game (or helps at least) i would gladly appreciate.

So far i'm loving the game, it is indeed better than GT5 but these jaggies are killing me.
Nope there is nothing you can do. They removed much or all of the anti-aliasing when they upped the resolution to 1440x1080 in GT6. It's just too much for the poor PS3 to handle. I think GT5 was a better looking game.

Only thing I know that makes it seem a little smoother, at least for me anyways, is to set the video settings max resolution on the ps3 menu to 720p

Wat.

It will result in slightly higher frame rates, but it makes the jaggies and image quality far worse.

Wat.

It will result in slightly higher frame rates, but it makes the jaggies and image quality far worse.
Probably has something to do with my crap TV, because I swear it looks more "clean" at 720p on mine. Was just a suggestion since it's "killing" him :P

Probably has something to do with my crap TV, because I swear it looks more "clean" at 720p on mine. Was just a suggestion since it's "killing" him :P
Lowering to 720p will make the defects like the lack of anti-aliasing, less obvious, but at the cost of overall sharpness and clarity. It might be a viable tradeoff for some people depending on your preferences.

Not sure if you have done this as don't know what TV you have but try downloading AVS HD 709 calibration tools 'just do a search online for it' you can copy a version to a USB stick and run on the PS3, it's also free, helped me get my Samsung settings nailed which improves things, it also has a test card for sharpness settings as I personally think this can make the aliasing look worse if the setting is too high. I am quite happy now with how GT6 looks. As for the settings within GT6 I didn't notice any difference between normal and the sharpen settings and I think flicker reduction just implements V-sync so hammers frame rate!

Probably depends on what post-processing your TV does to it.

Nope there is nothing you can do. They removed much or all of the anti-aliasing when they upped the resolution to 1440x1080 in GT6. It's just too much for the poor PS3 to handle. I think GT5 was a better looking game.

One area where I really notice how much worse GT6 looks (this is going to sound like nitpicking) is on the wheels... Especially the black stock car looking ones with the yellow outer trim. The trim is all all broken up & pixely looking compared with the far superior GT5 version. The shadows on a lot of the tracks is really really bad too.

Back