Something that only car guys will understand.

• Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 3 comments
A friend of mine is marrying one of my car collector neighbors daughters. The friend also works for said car collector, the guy was even nice enough to buy him a new truck for DD use and work.

The man's birthday is coming up and my friend wanted to do something really cool for the guy since he did buy the kid a truck. One of the many cars in this guy's collection was his first car, a 1974 Camaro that he build into a racecar back in the day. Its got everything, 489 bigblock, dual stage nitrous, 3 speed, rollcage, 12"wide MT drag radials etc etc. Apparently it used to be a mid 11 sec car in its day. Anyway, the car has been sitting for 20 some odd years and my buddy decides to get it out and get it running and polish it up while my neighbor is out at a car auction and surprise him when he comes back.

Being a car guy myself, I though that this is probably the greatest gift that one car guy could give to another. I know that every single guy always remembers his first car. I dont want to say that this particular case is more special, but I really think that this is something truly awesome and special that a lot of people just cant ever understand.

Yeah, my biggest fear would be the guy wanting to do it himself, even if he never got around to it. Maybe he wanted it to be a father-son project? Those are just the kid of things I would worry about when doing something like that. Your friend obviously knows the guy well enough so perhaps it's nothing. It's an awesome idea. 👍

I've been tossing around the idea of giving my dad my recently purchased Miata once I get it fixed up real nice. Maybe give it to both him and my step mom next Christmas. He really enjoyed riding in and driving my other one when I got it. It's a bit small, though, and I think his back is starting to get to him. I may be making up excuses to keep it. :lol:

He wont be changing anything in the car. So far he just replaced the whole fuel system including adding a brand new 900cfm carb. I doubt it was going to be a father son project, but you never know.

Back