Something that should be fixed for GT6

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 2 comments
Australia
Sydney
Stavingo
You guys can watch the whole thing, or to convey my point watch from 3:15 onwards regarding the use of the handbrake. (Forgive me for posting a GT5P video :lol:)

Around 3:20 he states that you can use circle for a clutch kick, and for me that's pretty damn alarming, last time I remembered it was a handbrake and not a clutch and yet this system is used within the full GT5.

The thing that GT6 and PD needs to improve on is the use of a clutch for G25 or G27, trying to use the clutch in GT compared to other racing sims like rFactor or LFS is pretty damn shoddy. Also possibly the implementation of an auto-clutch system that rFactor has for people that use controllers, their model isn't perfect but it get's the job done. The problem within GT5 is that when you pull the handbrake you can rev the balls out of your car whilst yanking it, but that isn't exactly what happens in real life in drifting as to gain revs whilst having the handbrake you need to clutch kick the car. PD really needs to properly integrate the clutch in order for me at least to have a more realistic and better drifting experience within the next line of Gran Turismo games.

But mainly, I want your feedback on this and I want to see if it isn't just me feeling this way about the problems with the handbrake and clutch 👍

Last edited:
Not being able to flat shift (or with any revs) is the only problem GT5's clutch, It does everthing else as a real clutch would & has a biting point that can be ridden contrary to a lot of people saying its like an ON/OFF switch. As for Tanner's comment I believe he means the games Auto clutch (it automatically uses when you dont use clutch) you can see this in GT5 by the selected gear turning slightly grey instead of white (grey = clutch pressed white = clutch not pressed).

Am I the only one that can't stop noticing the fact he's 'driving' with the wheel while STANDING

Back