Something to try

  • Thread starter Thread starter bh39302
  • 9 comments
  • 945 views
Messages
4
I just bought from the used car dealership a Volkswagen Beetle Standard (Type 11) '49.
I thought I would try and race it against other cars the same so went to practice and then chose the Special Stage Route 7 wet track and then to A-Spec one make.
The amount of slipstreaming that goes on in this race is unbelievable. It really is a testament to PD the way that the slipstreaming works. To complete one lap takes about 11 minutes and I lost by just 0.08 seconds. If you want to have some fun on GT5 then go and try it.
Im going to try it with some other cars now and see if it is the same.
Let me know how you get on and what other cars give good races in A-Spec One Make.
 
That sounds like fun, I must give it a try.

I had fun last night, trying to win the fist race in the Sunday cup - Beginers series, with the lowest HP/weight car I had.

I was a complete hoot in the Volvo GLT Estate (122HP/1890kg !)

I won it in the little Mitsubishi i-Miev (61HP/1100Kg)

I was 0.5 seconds off in 2nd, with the Daihatsu Midget-II (32HP/570kg), but I think its do able :)
 
We do similar races at the Ring. (Nurburgring that is) To me, that is much more fun as you not only get the draft fun of a very long straight, but you get all the elevation changes, the corners, and the strategy that those challenges bring! We've done 60HP max races there. We've moved up from that weight then gradually. What a blast!

I fall asleep on really long straights.
 
that one make race thing, if you show up with let us say a half tuned lancer evolution would the A.I be driving a stock evolution or would they have all the same parts installed as in your car? cant take it to the track now to test becouse im a few hours from home but im just curious.
 
I am pretty sure that the other cars stay stock. Its good so if you arent a great driver you can upgrade a little bit and give yourself a chance and then gradually take the upgrades off as you get better. I am loving the one make races.
 
Used the Beetle on the Eiger Nordwand in arcade mode, and was put up against Kei cars, Kubelwagens and Samba Buses. It's weird how the slowest vehicles in the game can be the most enjoyable.
 
We do similar races at the Ring. (Nurburgring that is) To me, that is much more fun as you not only get the draft fun of a very long straight, but you get all the elevation changes, the corners, and the strategy that those challenges bring! We've done 60HP max races there. We've moved up from that weight then gradually. What a blast!

I fall asleep on really long straights.

Erm... what?
 
The slowest of cars are the most fun.
 
Tune a Samba Bus you can get up too 210 BHP :dopey:

Then Enter it in the Nostalgic Supercar Challenge at Laguna Seca .

Its a lot of Fun Beating 20 Million Cr Muria's :lol:

Oh a Lap under 9 Mins at the Nurburgring Nordschleife is also Possible :crazy:
 
Oh a Lap under 9 Mins at the Nurburgring Nordschleife is also Possible :crazy:

Can be done in a fully tuned Daihatsu Midget as well! >even more :crazy:<
 
Back