Ive been saving to get a ps3 for quite some time. I race forza 3 a lot but I miss the sim feel of gt.
I finaly buy a bundle gt5+ps3 and everything is good til I get to the dealerships. I dont see anywhere near 1000 cars. hell I dont see a 100. Acura only has one car, the nsx.
Do the cars slowly unlock or is something wrong with either my ps3 or game?
I cant get an update cuz my dorm blocks psn and live connections.
Those cars are only the "premium" cars which should be around 200 or so, can't remember the exact number. Most of the "1,000" cars in the game are made up of "standard" cars which are bought in the Used Car Dealership and can be gifted to you by the various tickets you get when progressing through the game.
Here is the list of the prize cars
Here is the list of the full car line up.
Hey welcome to GT, my friend. To answer your question, there are actually 200 or so premium cars just that reside in the new car dealer. The rest you can find in the used car lot. They pop up randomly just like any other GT game. Hope this helps.👍
Dude there's loads in the ucd that refreshes 6 cars every time you enter a race , you will also win cars as the game progresses . You have a lot to look forward to in gt5 , once you get to grips with level completions , trades , paints tickets ect you'll be hooked like most people here , be patient and all the goodness and enjoyment will come shortly. Dude you have to get online quick to get the most out of this game .
Happy racing and all that stuff
Here's a comprehensive list that explains about the 2 types.
PREMIUMS:
Highly detailed exterior and interior. They're the only cars with the "godly" cockpit views.
They can accept wheel changes, front, rear, and side aero upgrades, and only 17 of them accept the Racing Modification.
All premium cars can enter Photo Mode Travel. Here, highly detailed cars can get their pics taken in highly detailed enviorments.
They can accept the painted and carbon hoods, and their mufflers do not change appearance when upgraded.
All license tests are taken in a premium model.
Their spoiler aero options are more unique to the type of car.
All of them are 0 miles when bought and never appear in the Used or Online Car Lot.
All expert seasonal events require a premium model as well a couple of trophies.
Most premiums are awarded in B-Spec.
STANDARDS:
All used cars appear in the Used Car and Online Car Lots.
Almost all standard cars are the same ones from the PS2 Gran Turismo's.
They cannot accept wheel changes, cannot accept front, side, and rear aero upgrades, painted and carbon hoods, Racing Modifications, wheel painting, and their muffler appearance changes.
Most standards get rewarded in A-Spec.
All standard models cannot enter Photo Mode Travel.
When playing in Special Events, you will almost never compete against a standard car. (with the exception of Gran Turismo Rally)
Almost all standards are offered with km on them. This feature affects the value of the car in showroom, and when bought.
Almost all standards need oil changes when bought.
No standard is driven in a license test.
I hope I helped you in many ways. Once again, welcome to GTPlanet