Sometimes luck strikes!

• Thread starter Lustika
  • 7 comments
Sweden
Rude
lustika and Lust1ka
Sometimes its amazing to play GT5. I have tried to gold the Vettel challange yesterday and today. Mostly to learn how my wheel works. I started with Suzuka and in prakticemode for a while. After that I went in for the action and manage to get silver with 2,10,599. My best time with DS3 was about 2,18,xx so that was some good news. Could not do any better so I went on to Monza and golded on my second attempt with a 0,8 sec on the right side:)
My temper was on top so i tried Nurburgring wich I dont like because the bumps and the high curbs. Did some laps in practice for approx 30 minutes and then golded in my third attempt or something like that.
Went to sleep as a happy man:)
Tried this morning at Suzuka in practice again and did laps between 1,03,8 and 1,04,2 and felt that this actually could work. The hard thing is to do a proper first lap in the mid 1,05. After some tries I shut every information on the screen of and then i golded on my second attemp. Looked afterwords on the replay and I did 1,05,8 on the first and 1,04,04 on the second lap. If I have had the information on the screen I would have missed it because I would have been thinking on the first lap wich was to slow.

Felt like I have done the impossible:)

Went back to the game and got a x2010 prototype, a gold standard trophy since this was the last gold i missed. AND when I checked in the old car dealerslist I found a Nissan r390 roadcar!!!

I am for sure going to buy a lotteryticket today since this seems to be my day:)

I do have to thank HoltNFrew for his video and description how to gold in Vettel. I learned how late you actually can break with theese cars. I looked at his videos just before I went in practicemode and it helped a lot.

Last edited:
The more you practice the luckier you get.

Just for fun - what time can you do the Vettel challenge now at Suzuka if you use a DS3 controller? Think you can go much faster than 2m18?
Does the Wheel make a huge difference -

Anyhow well done.

Ryk
The more you practice the luckier you get.

Just for fun - what time can you do the Vettel challenge now at Suzuka if you use a DS3 controller? Think you can go much faster than 2m18?
Does the Wheel make a huge difference -

Anyhow well done.

I think I can do 2m 14 perhaps if I manage to do 2 laps without crashing. The wheel does make a huge difference driving x2010. I am still faster with DS3 on the TT and the other special challenges except the last 3 Jeff Gordon Nascar.

thanks for that -
I've not even managed Bronze in this - car just is so much of a step beyond everything else in GT5.
Hats off to you.

McSoap-90
Congrats on golding the Vettel challenges. Sure is a hard challenge.

Well done. 👍

Thank you. It was not so hard as I thought. It helped with a wheel. It was good fun and I think driving the Alfa at Eiger was harder than Nurburg and Monza.

Back