Son is stuck on menu book 4 - No high speed track day available?

• Thread starter A-Baum
  • 23 comments
United States
United States
Hey folks, looking for a little help. My son loves GT7 but he's stuck on menu book 4. There's nothing to click on under the Championships bar at the bottom and wondering if anyone knows what we are missing. Here's a screenshot from a youtube walkthrough of what I think it should look like:
gtmb4.PNG

But my son, at level 11 does not have the button at the bottom available and can't progress.

IMG_3597.jpg

It says "There are no race events taking place at the moment". Is he missing something? He did the high speed ring under Asia-Oceania and got 1st and 2nd place in the club car and the other race, I think it's gtr4 or something. Are we missing something or is there a bug? Thanks!

Hey folks, looking for a little help. My son loves GT7 but he's stuck on menu book 4. There's nothing to click on under the Championships bar at the bottom and wondering if anyone knows what we are missing. Here's a screenshot from a youtube walkthrough of what I think it should look like:
View attachment 1136188

But my son, at level 11 does not have the button at the bottom available and can't progress.

View attachment 1136190

It says "There are no race events taking place at the moment". Is he missing something? He did the high speed ring under Asia-Oceania and got 1st and 2nd place in the club car and the other race, I think it's gtr4 or something. Are we missing something or is there a bug? Thanks!
Follow the yellow compass at the top left of the screen.

Is High Speed Ring available when you click on Asia? The event should be in there, not in the championship bar at the bottom of the screen. It will have the little yellow icon should there be more than one race available

Last edited:
The event should be in there, not in the championship bar at the bottom of the screen.
No, the High Speed Ring Track Day is a championship and will be in the championship bar at the bottom of the screen.
This is what he sees if he clicks on the yellow compass.

View attachment 1136225
That's not the whole screen - what does it say to the left of that? Has he actually started the book?

Last edited:
Is High Speed Ring available when you click on Asia? The event should be in there, not in the championship bar at the bottom of the screen. It will have the little yellow icon should there be more than one race available
Yeah that is available. There's 2 races in there. One is a club car race and the other is the GTR4 race. We got 2nd place in both races which requires you to finish in top 3. Still no high speed ring at the bottom of that main screen. Not sure what we're missing.

And yes, we have started menu book 4. It says "in progress"

Someone had a similar issue a couple of days ago with that same message when they opened any tracks.

Restarting the game and/or console fixed it for them.

Yeah that is available. There's 2 races in there. One is a club car race and the other is the GTR4 race. We got 2nd place in both races which requires you to finish in top 3. Still no high speed ring at the bottom of that main screen. Not sure what we're missing.

And yes, we have started menu book 4. It says "in progress"
Like Samus suggested, I'd try restarting the console. If you still can't progress at that point the "go to" fix for most issues in the game is to uninstall/reinstall the game. Hopefully you don't have to go that route, especially if you're on a monthly data cap.

Like Samus suggested, I'd try restarting the console. If you still can't progress at that point the "go to" fix for most issues in the game is to uninstall/reinstall the game. Hopefully you don't have to go that route, especially if you're on a monthly data cap.
We uninstalled and reinstalled using our physical disks. That didn't fix it. I believe the ps4 has been rebooted a few times since we first saw the issue. It's frustrating. He claims he basically can't continue the game because he's stuck on menu 4.

Can you provide video of the problem, because we're basically getting nowhere.

Picture 2 in the OP pretty much covers it I think. Compass is directing him to the HSR Championship but it's not listed where it should be, just an error message.

As I say, someone on Reddit had this same problem and same message, except for him it appeared on every single track and he was post-menus:

s7OzbarlBpVbkKCj7PVvG-IlXu-mxgBnZtRWcsngE5M.jpg

Restarting solved it for him though. It seems to be an issue connecting to the PD Servers to get the event data, but how you'd fix that I don't know. Clearly there is a connection at all, or he'd not get that far.

Picture 2 in the OP pretty much covers it I think. Compass is directing him to the HSR Championship but it's not listed where it should be, just an error message.
The static image on its own doesn't convey enough information. We'll only know for sure what this player is experiencing if we can actually see video of the issue as it appears rather than relayed by a third party using cropped photographs of a screen.

As the PS4 and PS5 literally record everything they see constantly and can be directed to capture specific gameplay (as well as edit video directly on the console, and of course to live stream too), it's a matter of a couple of button presses to help everyone else troubleshoot. When seeking help, making it easier for others to help you helps you.

It may well be the case that something is actually screwed up, but from what's been presented thus far I couldn't say for sure.

Ok what we've tried so far:
1. Closed/reopened game
2. Restarted ps4
3. Uninstalled and reinstalled from physical disks
4. Deleted temporary data.

Here is the video I took with my phone. Was easier. Hope it helps someone give me some direction. My son is very frustrated as he bought this game with his own money.

Ok what we've tried so far:
1. Closed/reopened game
2. Restarted ps4
3. Uninstalled and reinstalled from physical disks
4. Deleted temporary data.

Here is the video I took with my phone. Was easier. Hope it helps someone give me some direction. My son is very frustrated as he bought this game with his own money.

You need to do this:

Last edited:
You need to do this:
Submitted the request. No idea how long it takes, if they'll communicate. Not much info there but I guess it's a hail mary at this point.

The correct car, such as Honda Fit, needs to be selected from the garage. If another type of car such as a GR Supra is selected then it won't show under the championships bar.

Last edited:
The correct car, such as Honda Fit, needs to be selected from the garage. If another type of car such as a GR Supra is selected then it won't show under the championships bar.

Cheers boss ;)

Back