Song(s) of the Week [Friday/05/06/05]Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hyperglide
  • 13 comments
  • 646 views
Messages
430
Canada
Ontario, Canada
Messages
Hyperglide
Let me clarify the point of this thread, seeing as I haven't done this in quite some time here (seems like a year i'll go with my first instinct that's what they say). In threads like this (get's renewed every week) you will post your favourite song or songs from the current week (that you just heard or just been playing a lot of lately, post to your hearts content, or if you don't have a heart post anyways mwee heee heeeeee..). A maximum of 5 songs is allowed per thread for the current week. This is prevent huge ass lists and honestly who wants to read through all that? Just put your cream de la cream in here, ONLY. Much obliged, GTPlanet! Now go crazy! Also put the band name first song title second. This is how the threads will be columned. Putting the band name in bold makes things easier on the eyes too.

EDIT: Also this is to help prevent the post whores who goto the 'What are you currently listening to?' thread.

Have at you!

Coldplay - Speed of Sound
Jimmy Eat World - Work
Bob Seger - Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
Tube and Berger - Straight Ahead
Ice Cube - Today was a good Day
 
Jo Dee Messina My "give a damn's" busted
 
I'd say Alkaline trio's "My Friend Peter" has been hitting the right cords for this week.
 
Nine Inch Nails - "Only"

Has a real great beat and feel to it.
 
Foo Fighters - "Best Of You"
 
Coldplay - Speed of Light (sounds strangely like "Clocks")
 
Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
 
Event
Coldplay - Speed of Light (sounds strangely like "Clocks")

I'm not a big fan of Coldplay (Well I don't hate them, a bit too wishy washy for my tastes), but I hate that song. Seeing as the amount of airplay it's been getting in the last month or so. When i'm in the car and I hear it, I tend to shout '**** YOU COLD****ING PLAY DIE NOW' and then hit the button to switch to cd's. Well I don't hate the songs content, but after hearing it for the 6000th time it looses it's listenability.

Kasabian - Running battle

I've been humming this all week. It's actually a pretty layed back song, with a missleading title.

The Hives - B is for Brutus

One word to describe this song, punchy.

Leif Karate - Zip Zip Beluga

Some indy band that GTJugend posted about a while back, I think they are from Sweden. Pretty decent band.

Edit: Must add comedy VGM option.

Kisho Yamanaka - Star Fox osv - Corneria stage arrange

Edit:

Forgot another song!

Chronic Future - A Chronic Future (World Keeps Spinning)

I found Chronic future from the GT4 sountrack (The track called apology for non symmetry is on GT4) and ended up getting their album, it's pretty decent.
 
Coldplay - Speed of sound. Nice song 👍 but a bit too much airplay!
Bound to be a hit ;)

Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot
The Distillers - Drain the Blood

are my most played this week :D
 
lotus350
Coldplay - Speed of sound. Nice song 👍 but a bit too much airplay!
Bound to be a hit ;)

Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot
The Distillers - Drain the Blood

are my most played this week :D
Wait, is there a Speed of Sound and Speed of Light? Or have I been making a fool of myself?
 
I say that the new SOAD album Mesmerize shall be album of the week!
 
Weezer-This Is Such A Pity
The Arcade Fire-Rebellion(lies)
The White Stripe-Blue Orchid
Weezer-Hold Me
 
Back