• Thread starter Stephan
  • 10 comments

Stephan

Still progressing........
Premium
Philippines
Manila
Filracer
Since I haven't seen this kind of thread, I decided to open one (if there's any thread that is similar to this, mods feel free to close this thread).

So a song that describes my life or my current life, it would have to be My Way/Take a Look Around by Limp Bizkit because it describes that I've been controlled by everyone and they take advantage of it.

So, what song describes yourself/your life? Feel free to explain.

"Freak on a Leash" by Korn.

The reason why:

I was living a great life with some close friends until a little girl who ended up stalking me took advantage of that, drove my friends away from me and ended up messing with me, in which everything about it screams fate and destiny, in which all of it seems like doom and disaster, in which I cannot stand it anymore, in which I am desperately looking for a way out of it and the fact that it just doesn't feel right. The more I realize it, and even remember everything that happened with the painful history between me and that stalker, it's bound to get a hell of a lot worse.

FACT: I met this little girl in my school, back when in 2012 where I was selected to be the main role of a school play and the fact that she was also part of a major role on the play. And because I uttered out "Contender eliminated" from WipEout while discussing about WipEout Pure with some friends who were also cast members, that seemingly got the stalker's attention in which that's how I accidentally met her, and she had told me to say it again, and she said it as "Contender eliminator".

How it got worse is that two years later, I suddenly moved into some neighborhood and she was there, without me knowing about it first-hand from anyone (which also meant that this little stalker is also technically my neighbor). I believe it's really some weird and twisted fate.

Last edited:
Ironically, it's a Gran Turismo song.

"Soul on Display", "Looking For You" and "Place In This World"; all three are by Daiki Kasho.

It's kind of hard for me to explain so... let these songs imply what happened to me during my childhood.

Either "The River" or "Standing Outside the Fire" by Garth Brooks, both are about taking risks in life. I used to be hesitant with jumping into things and never taking chances, but now I'll risk because life isn't worth it if you have regrets.

Or I guess "Should've Been a Cowboy" by Toby Keith because, well, I should have been :lol:

Just kidding... actually most songs I've listened to describe my life in one way or another. The one above reminds me of landing my dream job after getting a key interview - setting up my career from then forward.

I think that's what's great about music and lyrics - if they're well done, they make an emotional connection that, in part, stems from your own life experiences.

No explanation needed.
I disagree...

On topic: I need to get sappy, and all apologies if that turns anyone off, but my choice doesn't so much reflect my life as a whole, instead the last 21 years during which I entered fatherhood and soon after sealed the deal with the love of my life. These two ladies are absolutely EVERYTHING.

Sheila and Jessie...

Last edited:
I was working nights at a bakery a few years ago and I usually came home
somewhere around 2am every night and this was a song with lyrics I identified with,
minus the beer. I'm not working nights anymore but I still relate to some of the lyrics
(which was written by Steve Harris I believe) and it's still a powerful song I think.

Back