Sonic will not be SEGAs mascot anymore...

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 13 comments
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
EelX 5
From many websites (can't show links now as I'm on my 3DS and you can't Copy and Paste :ouch:), Sonic will not be SEGAs mascot due to the fans. They have said about how come horrible people leach onto Sonic and not Mario and one said something about Sonic being shelved like Alex Kidd.

I don't believe it because how come SEGA signed a partnership with Nintendo involving Sonic when it is apparently about to "die" and why is Sonic Lost World being made.

What do you think: Real, Fake or SEGA should have a new mascot?

Sounds fake to me. Sonic has been SEGA's mascot for years and I doubt that will change.

Since '96 Crash Bandicoot was Playstation's mascot and look what happened there. I doubt SEGA will do the same thing after all Sonic is one of video gaming's great success stories.

Sounds fake to me. Sonic has been SEGA's mascot for years and I doubt that will change.

Since '96 Crash Bandicoot was Playstation's mascot and look what happened there. I doubt SEGA will do the same thing after all Sonic is one of video gaming's great success stories.

His recent games haven't been too good though, his kart racing game was though. I think Sega needs a fresh face for their mascot, as long as the Sonic games carry on in the style of Sonic 1, 2, 3, CD and 4.

His recent games haven't been too good though, his kart racing game was though. I think Sega needs a fresh face for their mascot, as long as the Sonic games carry on in the style of Sonic 1, 2, 3, CD and 4.

To be honest, I've only ever played Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles and Generations. So I can't really comment on the games between those, the first games were great. I played Generations and I thought it was great too and felt even the 3D levels kept a lot of the 2D magic.

as long as the Sonic games carry on in the style of Sonic 1, 2, 3, CD and 4.

Thats what Crash Bandicoot fans have been wishing for since 2003. Myself included. :grumpy:

Sonic 3D games have been good ever since Colours (My favourite Sonic game by the way).

But the fans always seem to neglect 3D Sonic games without good reason as well as the homing attack (The sonic fans neglected Sonic 4 because of it).

Sonic is one of the few franchises that Sega has that makes them money. They aren't going to change a thing about that.

Sonic 3D games have been good ever since Colours (My favourite Sonic game by the way).

But the fans always seem to neglect 3D Sonic games without good reason as well as the homing attack (The sonic fans neglected Sonic 4 because of it).
I've been meaning to try Colors, and I almost bought a used copy of Generations last week, but Sega has conditioned me to be very cautious. :lol:

I neglected Sonic 4 after seeing video of the platforming physics. I was instantly repulsed by the lack of momentum, like it was a cheap Flash webgame. Maybe someone can tell me if Sonic Generations is better? Videos and the internet are unclear.

Classic Sonic in Generations is better... ish. He controls like an even screwier version of Sonic CD rather than something proper like Sonic Advance (momentum is there, but it's very stiff. Almost Bubsy II-like, though the camera isn't nearly that bad), but it's a damn sight better than S4E1; though Modern Sonic is the best version of that type of gameplay. I'd say get Generations over Colors, too, if you only choose one.

Cool, thanks Tornado. After I submitted the post it occurred to me that this isn't the thread for that. :lol:

So mascots. I did a bit of digging, and it turns out that a parody gaming news website by the name of "Play4Real" facetiously extrapolated the contest Samus linked, to mean that Sega was replacing Sonic. It includes completely made-up quotes that match what RESHIRAM5 described, talking about how "horrible fans" ruined the Sonic franchise with their fanart and whatnot.

It's fake.

Back