Sony Confirms Second Generation of PSVR for PlayStation 5

It was pretty inevitable, with the controller tracking methods being completely different. Hopefully they release PSVR2 versions of some of the games (likely full price, this is Sony after all) with the new controls.

It was pretty inevitable, with the controller tracking methods being completely different. Hopefully they release PSVR2 versions of some of the games (likely full price, this is Sony after all) with the new controls.
I'd say that'll be inevitable, especially for some of the more established VR games and franchises (BeatSaber for example).

I'd say that'll be inevitable, especially for some of the more established VR games and franchises (BeatSaber for example).
BeatSaber is now owned by Meta, their main VR competitor, so there’s no guarantee it’ll get a new release on Sony’s machine.

I'd like Wipeout Omega collection made for the new vr set. It would be an instant buy from me.

I really do hope Star Wars Squadron will be remade for new headset... They did stop supporting it with new patches, but I hope that EA will make an exception here. This is just too good VR title.

I really do hope Star Wars Squadron will be remade for new headset... They did stop supporting it with new patches, but I hope that EA will make an exception here. This is just too good VR title.
Star Wars Tales from the Galaxies Edge is mentioned in the video I posted

I hope so, find it very hard to play that now in flat mode, especially the TIEs.

Futurama Shut Up And Take My Money GIF

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

PlayStation VR2 to Launch February 22 2023, Costs $549.99

PlayStation’s second-generation VR2 virtual reality device now has an official launch date and price. It’ll come in at $549.99 (€599.99/£529.99), and be available from February 22, 2023...
VR proponents: VR is gonna be the future any day now! Mass adoption is coming soon!!

VR prices: More than the console they’re meant for.

Yeah, no, hard pass.

Last edited:
£530 for the headset and another £40 if you want the dock to charge the controllers.

Last edited:
"On October 13, 2016, Sony released the PlayStation VR with the price of $399 in the US, €399 in Europe, £349 in the UK"

barely cheaper ?
For PS4VR you also needed to separately buy a camera, and it didn't include the motion controllers. All included it was ~€550. So yeah, barely cheaper. Take into account 6 years of inflation and it's actually more expensive. It only just so happened that a lot of people already owned the camera or controllers.

Main thing for me here is that the game lineup still seems to be lacking a "big one". GT7 support would totally sell me on it. Something akin to Half Life Alyx would also be great. I'm not really convinced yet if Horizon CotM will actually be good.

Last edited:
I think, if Sony would offer it as a PC headset aswell, the price would be actually reasonable. But as an addon for a console, thanks but no thanks.

Maybe PD will surprise us by letting sell us cars only in VR
GT7 VR: The Real Used Car Salesman Simulator.

I waited 3 years for a price drop and bundle to get my OG VR (£220, camera and moves included), probably will take at least as long for this one to drop into my price range. Buying any sooner, in this economy, would lead to this:

R.jpg

Last edited:
I’m going to preorder mine the minute it goes live. Worst case scenario is that GT7 for some very unlikely reason doesn’t support VR, and I sell it in 6 months and take a $100 hit

Absolute worst case scenario is GT7 gets announced for VR support sometime around Christmas, and Sony is out of stock for months because of the large influx of preorders for all the other games that will support it

Last edited:
I’m going to preorder mine the minute it goes live. Worst case scenario is that GT7 for some very unlikely reason doesn’t support VR, and I sell it in 6 months and take a $100 hit

Absolute worst case scenario is GT7 gets announced for VR support sometime around Christmas, and Sony is out of stock for months because of the large influx of preorders for all the other games that will support it
I hope you can beat the scalpers. Preorder invite emails are already going out. Expecting a few listings to pop up on ebay straight away.

Back