• Thread starter TJ13
  • 22 comments

TJ13

Dark Theme. Thank you.
Premium
United States
Minnesota
TJ136
With a week away here are some news from Sony that are supposed to be coming out.
PS4 E3 2018 leaks
  • Ghosts of Tsushima (demo)
  • Medievil (trailer)
  • PlayStation Party (trailer)
  • Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (trailer)
  • Spider-Man PS VR Mode (demo)
  • Shenmue 3 (demo)
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake PS VR Mode (trailer)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (demo)
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (demo)
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 (trailer)
  • BioShock Resurgence PS VR Mode (trailer)
  • Bloodborne 2 (trailer)
  • Death Stranding (demo)
  • The Last of Us: Part II (demo)
  • PUBG (trailer)
  • SOCOM: Coalition (teaser)

You can catch all this and more come E3.

Monday, 11th June @ 6PM PDT

• North America: 6pm PDT / 7pm MDT / 8pm CDT / 9pm EDT
  • UK/Ire: 2am BST
  • Europe: 3am CEST / 4am EEST
  • Asia/Oceania: 10am JST / 9am AWST / 11am AEST

Edited: for Demo/trailer.

Last edited:
What is your source for a Bloodborne sequel? I was under the impression that this was not happening, and From Software is currently working on another title, which is sure to make an appearance at E3.

And a new SOCOM? Color me excited. Assuming they don't make it into another generic shooter, like what has happened with Siege, and instead make it a hardcore tactical game with a strong focus on singleplayer, then it could be amazing.

Can't wait to learn more on Ghost of Tsushima too. Hopefully, we'll get a final release date for Ace Combat 7 too.

What is your source for a Bloodborne sequel? I was under the impression that this was not happening, and From Software is currently working on another title, which is sure to make an appearance at E3.

4chan
A 4chan user leaked the internal memo, which reveals all the teasers, trailers, and demos Sony PlayStation will be showcasing. The majority of the titles listed on the document are of properties well-known to gamers, such as Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part II, Marvel's Spider-Man, and Ghosts of Tsushima, but there's plenty more for players to get excited about. Other games being shown are the Final Fantasy VII Remake, Resident Evil 2 Remake, MediEvil, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, Kingdom Hearts 3, and PlayStation Party. But, what really stands out in this line up are Bloodborne 2, SOCOM: Coalition, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, BioShock Resurgence (PSVR), and Devil May Cry 5.

That's what it said in an internal memo.

The only thing I care about in that list is....The Last of Us: Part II (demo)

Seems like I'm always waiting on something good to come out. My ps4 game library is by far the smallest of any console I have.

MMX
The only thing I care about in that list is....The Last of Us: Part II (demo)

Seems like I'm always waiting on something good to come out. My ps4 game library is by far the smallest of any console I have.
Lists like this always make me feel out of touch with, for lack of a better term, "mainstream" gaming. Nothing on this list is for me.

Lists like this always make me feel out of touch with, for lack of a better term, "mainstream" gaming. Nothing on this list is for me.

You and me both. Weirdly enough, the Spyro Reignited is the only title that really piqued my interest and that is only because my son loves the Skylander games of which Spyro is a playable character.

I'm mainly going to pay attention to any Red Dead Redemption 2 news and Ace Combat 7 news. Usually there are a few titles that surprise me, and we should be getting some Forza Horizon 4 teasers as well. So I expect to be pleasantly surprised after the blitz of information and announcements at E3 officially commence, that's usually how it works.

You and me both. Weirdly enough, the Spyro Reignited is the only title that really piqued my interest and that is only because my son loves the Skylander games of which Spyro is a playable character.
That one has me curious too because I never played the Spyro games...but I could just play those if I ever submit to that curiosity.

Also like you, it's not like I don't expect anything good from E3, on PS4 or otherwise. A release date for Ace Combat 7 would be nice, and we should get to see more of Ride 3. And I have good reason to be optimistic about what Nintendo may have up their sleeve. :)

s
That one has me curious too because I never played the Spyro games...but I could just play those if I ever submit to that curiosity.

Also like you, it's not like I don't expect anything good from E3, on PS4 or otherwise. A release date for Ace Combat 7 would be nice, and we should get to see more of Ride 3. And I have good reason to be optimistic about what Nintendo may have up their sleeve. :)

I'm looking forward to more Switch news as well, I watched the new Pokémon game trailer with my kids and they ended up complaining about how the evolutions weren't going to be a part of it, then said they didn't want it, lol, I bet they change their minds later though, they seemed to like the trailer after that. We should also be getting Super Smash Bros and Metroid news, looking forward to that.

On the Bethesda front, I hope we hear something more on Starfield at E3, if it is truly Skyrim in space, sci-fi style, then count me in.

Keen on seeing more Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding and whatever the heck FromSoft's next game actually is.

Lol, not off to a good start Bethesda. I have never been more underwhelmed by an announcement trailer, I'm looking at you Elderscrolls 6 trailer, but then I watched the Starfield trailer next which, I don't know how this is even possible, was even more underwhelming! :lol:

I know teaser trailers historically don't reveal much, but these were really lame. Give us something to get fired up about please, come on Marketing! Or maybe anti-hype is the new thing?

Ghost of Tsushima might be ruined by that English voice over. Sounds absolutely awful...
It wasn't great, but I could tolerate it. It would awesome if they made an optional Japanese voice over though.

Sony's show was weird, but I think people are grossly exaggerating things by saying it was awful.

Pretty much all the games they showed looked excellent. And despite tempering expectations by stating that they were primarily just going to be focusing on 4 games, they still showed some other extremely cool stuff... Nioh 2, RE 2 Remake, Control. And they most certainly showed the 4 games that they promised to show, and all looked fantastic IMO.

There were some awkward things about how the show was presented, such as the intermission between TLOU2 and Tsushima, and the fact that the "deep dives" for the 4 games had 0 commentary and were effectively just very long trailers... but nothing made the show particularly frustrating to watch.

It wasn't great, but I could tolerate it. It would awesome if they made an optional Japanese voice over though.

Sony's show was weird, but I think people are grossly exaggerating things by saying it was awful.

Pretty much all the games they showed looked excellent. And despite tempering expectations by stating that they were primarily just going to be focusing on 4 games, they still showed some other extremely cool stuff... Nioh 2, RE 2 Remake, Control. And they most certainly showed the 4 games that they promised to show, and all looked fantastic IMO.

There were some awkward things about how the show was presented, such as the intermission between TLOU2 and Tsushima, and the fact that the "deep dives" for the 4 games had 0 commentary and were effectively just very long trailers... but nothing made the show particularly frustrating to watch.

As it turns out, there is a Japanese version of the first trailer, which would suggest that the game will be available with a Japanese voice track alongside the English one. I hate it when movies and games use English, or sometimes "Engrish", instead of the native languages, so hopefully, Ghost of Tsushima will be available in the West with the more appropriate language. Language aside, the game is looking very promising, with a beautifully realized setting that is just begging for a photo mode.

Source for the Japanese trailer:

I agree on the show. I thought it lacked the showmanship that Sony is known for at E3, and the games could've used some commentary. Still, at least there was no cringe worthy multiplayer demo where people were reading an obvious script, like the Division 2 gameplay demo. But no Ace Combat.... Why must you hurt me so, Sony?

I hope the Mongol soldiers speak Mongolian. I also hope the Korean and Chinese soldiers in service of the Mongols speak their respective language.

With a week away here are some news from Sony that are supposed to be coming out.
PS4 E3 2018 leaks
  • Ghosts of Tsushima (demo) YES
  • Medievil (trailer) NO
  • PlayStation Party (trailer) ????
  • Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (trailer) YES
  • Spider-Man PS VR Mode (demo) NO VR
  • Shenmue 3 (demo) NO
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake PS VR Mode (trailer) YES
  • Devil May Cry 5 (demo) NO
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (demo) NO
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 (trailer) YES
  • BioShock Resurgence PS VR Mode (trailer) NO
  • Bloodborne 2 (trailer) :lol:
  • Death Stranding (demo) YES
  • The Last of Us: Part II (demo) YES
  • PUBG (trailer) :lol:
  • SOCOM: Coalition (teaser) :lol:
I didn't see the press conference but saw some of the highlights.

Lets see how real this list was.

Correct me if i'm wrong. :)

Back