Sony PS4 Pro

Right now I have the regular PS4 console and was planning to buy the new PS4 Pro. Will I loose all of my DLC car packs and loose all of my levels if I switch to the PS4 Pro?

I am hoping if I switch over to the new PS4 Pro, that the graphics would be much more improve over my regular PS4 console.

Thanks for any advice!

No all that stuff is tied to your PSN account and not the console. You will need to upload your saves to the online storage or over to a usb stick to transfer them over. But all the content is yours no matter how many PS4s you use. Just have to re-install them on the new console.

No all that stuff is tied to your PSN account and not the console. You will need to upload your saves to the online storage or over to a usb stick to transfer them over. But all the content is yours no matter how many PS4s you use. Just have to re-install them on the new console.

Thanks!

You don't even need to do that, with a LAN cable you can transfer everything from one to the other.

That's what I did when I got my Pro.

I know that with the 4.50 software you can now install games to an external drive, but can you copy the game application from the internal drive to an external one? If so, that would be another way to avoid having to download everything again. If not, I'll have to download it all again if I end up getting a Pro, because I've got a full 2tb hdd in my PS4, so I'd want to put that into the Pro.

I know that with the 4.50 software you can now install games to an external drive, but can you copy the game application from the internal drive to an external one? If so, that would be another way to avoid having to download everything again. If not, I'll have to download it all again if I end up getting a Pro, because I've got a full 2tb hdd in my PS4, so I'd want to put that into the Pro.
You can, but as soon as you plug it into another PS4 it will not read it.

You can, but as soon as you plug it into another PS4 it will not read it.

I guess I was hoping that it would if the new PS4 had been made the primary one for the same account the games belonged to, but thanks for the info. Guess it'll take me a while to download all those games again, since I have a 200gb per month limit, and almost 2tb of games on my PS4 :ouch::lol:

I guess I was hoping that it would if the new PS4 had been made the primary one for the same account the games belonged to, but thanks for the info. Guess it'll take me a while to download all those games again, since I have a 200gb per month limit, and almost 2tb of games on my PS4 :ouch::lol:
That sucks.

It took me a while with a 200MB connection and no data limit.

Back