Sony Uses Gran Turismo Sport to Showcase Its 8K TV at CES 2019

I was at ISE last year, where was Sony then?!

I did get to see Sharp's 8K screen up close though, and apart from showing up dead pixels in the camera's sensor (it's not as if there are any other 8K sources around...) and requiring four HDMI cables to hook it up in a fat bundle of wire, it was pretty special. It was honestly like looking at paper. I would be surprised if that tech ends up ever being adopted domestically as it's just not needed as far as TVs go (monitors maybe), but the commercial sector in which I work will see some 8K digital signage screens in super fancy establishments (i.e. not mine, we haven't even embraced 4K yet) I'm sure.

I'm sure in five years' time someone's going to find this post while searching "dumb predictions", though.

But how can you Tell? Did you get to see it in Person?
I mean, we are all seeing it on less than an 8K display, so what we see is no where even close to how it would look in person...

It's the same with people using a 1080 display, and saying how awesome 4K videos look?? How would you know, you're not watching it on a 4K display?

It is the same here. how do you know how awesome that 8K display looks, when you're viewing it on a 1080p or even a 4K screen, doesn't do it justice.

You can still tell the difference. there's not much, and it's not as close as it would be to seeing it in person, but you can kind of see the way the graphics have changed.

Back