sore losers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ripper_Rabbit
  • 16 comments
  • 1,176 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
114
Messages
Ripper_Rabbit
Ok, I'm new to online gaming, eventhough I've had my PS3 over a year now. I've noticed alot of sore losers online, I was actually kicked from a room because I was winning racing using my Kyle Busch stock car, now, before you start, they all had lambos and even a few GT cars. I understand that losing sucks, but it's just a game, it's not real life. It seems to mainly be younger preteen and teen players that act like spoiled children when they get passed or tapped, in fact, i accidently spun a driver out - I slowed down and let him pass me back. what did he do? he spammed my inbox with several messages loaded with hate speech and threats before actually telling his mom on me. I'm not whining, just venting.
 
If you wreck somebody by accident, why in your right mind would you let them pass you back? I say "sorry, but those are the breaks kid," and keep getting it.
 
If you wreck somebody by accident, why in your right mind would you let them pass you back? I say "sorry, but those are the breaks kid," and keep getting it.

I figured letting him have his position back would keep the peace, sorry only goes so far.
 
I do the same. Always park on the side of the road and let the person I hit gain back their lead, it's not necessary but will be appreciated by most. Sometime it doesn't matter though, one time I was waiting for one guy to pass me, instead he ram straight into me and spun me around.
 
i totally agree with you, you think this game is bad try the cod games.
 
Turning on the skid recovery filter seems to keep some of the idiots out. You should stick to the same rooms if you've found a few regulars or you can just create your own.
 
I figured letting him have his position back would keep the peace, sorry only goes so far.

I thought rubbing was racing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stating you should ram every hemroid in your way, but sometimes stuff happens. Maybe you could say it was an act of god, instead of sorry then?
 
If you wreck somebody by accident, why in your right mind would you let them pass you back? I say "sorry, but those are the breaks kid," and keep getting it.

I do. I also let them through if i pass them by accidentaly cutting a chicane. However if i go for a legit move and they turn into me, thats their problem.
 
I thought rubbing was racing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stating you should ram every hemroid in your way, but sometimes stuff happens. Maybe you could say it was an act of god, instead of sorry then?

rubbing is racing, but I guess some people don't see it that way
 
That's just the way it is, it's very difficult to get any kind of consistency from random online racing in the long run, there's so many different people at varies skill and maturity levels.
 
Dirt2 trophy trucks, bumped many people. Nobody got mad there.
 
I race a bunch of NASCAR. I don't get why people set the boost high, and then cry when there's a wreck. Duh!
 
Welcome to online gaming! You get used to it eventually. Seriously though some kids take gaming way to seriously. This coming from a kid.
 
Just tell 'em to go watch some BTCC.
 
I figured letting him have his position back would keep the peace, sorry only goes so far.

Actually, I'd rather people not let me back ahead.

1. it's not satisfying. I'm not here to win at all costs, I'm here for the fun of playing with other people. If I want to win, I'll whip the AI some more. :)

2. I usually end up hitting people myself, I'd rather people just get over it than throw a fit. Just so long as we don't do it on purpose.

3. It's sometimes my fault I got hit anyhow, it's nice that they let me back but I think I can deal with my own inability to drive properly. lol

4. If there are other cars around, they usually take advantage of both of us and pass us both, sometimes hitting us both and not caring.

5. Again, with other cars around, unusual driving (slowing down to let someone pass) results in even more wrecks most of the time.

I think every session should start with a demo derby on the Top Gear Test Track, just to get it out of everyone's system. :D
 
There's already a thread about "Worst online". No need for two...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back